Stratus Jump

DRIFTER_016

i swear i heard him say he was feeling like "passing out" on his fall?

Can't imagine his feeling when his visor was fogged and he's plummeting toward earth at such great speed not being able to see :o

Can't wait to see the video from his camera's :thumbsup_anim:

If anyone finds his footage LMK

i swear i heard him say he was feeling like "passing out" on his fall?

Can't imagine his feeling when his visor was fogged and he's plummeting toward earth at such great speed not being able to see :o

Can't wait to see the video from his camera's :thumbsup_anim:

If anyone finds his footage LMK

He did say that, that's why the emergency chute went up and he didn't break the record for longest free fall.

Watched it with Averie and Luke - Figured it was history being made and they should witness it. I made the mistake of telling Luke that if his suit ripped his eyes could pop out... then 3 year old Luke was walking around the house going "BLAAAHHHH MY EYES POPPED OUT - I CAN'T SEE" over and over. lol

Anyways, it was pretty awesome to watch! We also caught the press conference... he made Mach 1.2 so he did break the sound barrier and he pulled the shoot himself at 5200 feet... the protocol was to pull it at 5000 ft. so he'd have time to pull a backup shoot if something went wrong...

Glad we watched it!

Before he jumped he said something along the lines of:

"I know the whole world is down there watching me right now and I wish you could all see what I'm seeing right now - Sometimes you have to go really high to realize how small you are" - I thought it was a good quote...

It was all pretty rough but sounded like it was probably pretty good, glad someone translated! thumbsup_anim.gif

You'd think with all the technology we have, they'd be able to shut the door from the ground, and have his cameras running the whole time. dunno.gif

A guy I know on a car forum works for the company that built the tubular frame for all the external cameras on the capsule.. He also told me that in order for the door to stay shut once Felix left, they would have to re-pressurize the capsule.. That's the only reason the door sealed was from the internal pressure.. It was a pretty slick design according to him.