I'm still alive and kicking

bigugli

For those few wondering where I disappeared, Life doesn't always unfold the way we expect.

To start, the puter folded on me, again, early August.

I have been very busy with my garden. Seemingly endless bushels of produce are being picked each week. I've made numerous hospital visits with the Mrs. The bones and joints have been rapidly deteriorating, and now, she has to contend with skin cancer. Put simply, I've had very little time for fishing.

I did set aside 4 days for our anniversary. We went for a little road trip to the Sault to finally take care of another "bucket list" item; a trip up the Agawa Canyon. Despite having lived there a bit, some decades back, I had never taken the rail trip. It was beautiful. Stunning scenery, landscapes and lakes. Lots of great places to stop and fish when I finally slow down.

A trip up the 17 has to include some fishing. Along the boardwalk in the Sault. Smallmouth and pike at various road stops along the Mississagi, at Blind R. and Elliot Lake.

Was nice to get out with Mr Bill, a week ago, for some Niagara region smallies

Tomorrow will include another unpleasant task. At 17 years, it is time to put our oldest dog, Lucky, to rest. Despite having been an abused dog when we found her, she has been a wonderful companion. Now she is tired and hurts and it isn't right to let her suffer

Sadly, since the puter was attacked, I cannot access photobucket, so I can't put up pics.

Well the Agawa Canyon sounds like a fun road trip. And keeping busy at work to me is never a bad thing. But partner the rest just sucks :angry:

I know you will roll up your sleeves and put your head down and get through it, but if you need a "Bruce" day to just relax and unwind...I have a seat reserved for you in my boat and a spot where I think we can enjoy a peaceful day and possibly even catch a few fish.

Take care my friend.