How to cook a $500.00 Smallie...

jedimaster

Well first off I can't even recall the last time I ate a smallmouth... So here is my story... I was fishing the final day of a 2 day tournament this past weekend. We had 15.5 pounds on day one and sat in 4th place, only 1.5 pounds or so out of second. My second cast of the day hooked a 2.2 pound smallie. It was a tough day for us and about 30 minutes before the end of the day that 2.2 pound smallie had died in our live well. We tried to catch a bigger one but we just didn't have time. In the end we took a 1 pound penalty for a dead fish, and we came in 6th place. The tourney paid to 5th. We were .02 pounds combine 2 day total out of the money and 500 bucks.

DANG

So anyway, this smallie got filleted (skin still on) and is in the freezer.

I need some suggestions on how I should cook up this 500 dollar bass. :) This recipe has to be one for the ages.

Edited by jedimaster

I wouldn't cook it. Cut off the butt part of the fish and fix it so that the dude who took first place wakes up one morning with the fish butt on the pillow next to him. That should ensure a first place win for you next year.

I wouldn't cook it. Cut off the butt part of the fish and fix it so that the dude who took first place wakes up one morning with the fish butt on the pillow next to him. That should ensure a first place win for you next year.

Remind me never to enter a tourny with you! seriously you've got a sick mind, good thing I like that.wink.gif

Ahh, that really sucks. I hope it's gonna be better for you at your next T!

Moosebunk's got that honey garlic fish recipe. Quoted from him....

try this fried in oil next time. 1/2 parts buttermilk pancake mix to 1/2 parts original Shake N'Bake, a little garlic salt and optional spices to all make up the coating. Dip walleye in an egg or two beaten with a little milk and maple syrup before coating. Fry that goodness for some sweet battered walleye with a hint of a honey garlic flavor.

Edited by EC1