That creepy feeling

l2p

It seems to be a common bug here on the farm. On a quick check on the bushes you can find 2 or 3 in a five minute trip. They are fun to watch when the little ones hatch out and they are feasting on aphids in the garden they are all swaying and bobbing in groups waiting for the next victim.

Art

I handled a bright lime green one a couple weeks ago.

beer bottles don't count.... :whistling:

I had one come in my garage at the start of the week to see what I was doing while I stood there and had a smoke. The whole head turning and watching your every move is odd but very cool at the same time.

Edited by GBW

None of them praying bugs up here, but occasionally, in my neck of the woods, you'll feel something on the back of your neck, and you go to scratch it you end up pulling a 3 inch long spruce bug, or pine beetle off of you. Don't know why but they always end up on the back of your neck, but they always do.

Had a walkingstick crawl up my shoulder/neck while driving away from a river. I kept the vehicle between the lines, but the guy in the car behind me was likely wonder why I was flailing away at myself. :oops:

Ok. Top this. While swimming in a local river as a kid, I wrestled my way onto an inner tube to find a Lamprey attached to my thigh. You wanna see a kid walk on water? I did just that. I tried grabbing it to pull it off but it was too slippery, so I just gave it a whack to knock it off of me. It didn't break my skin, but as a 10 year old, it scared the crap out of me. Enough so that I never swam there ever again. :blink:

Ok. Top this. While swimming in a local river as a kid, I wrestled my way onto an inner tube to find a Lamprey attached to my thigh. You wanna see a kid walk on water? I did just that. I tried grabbing it to pull it off but it was too slippery, so I just gave it a whack to knock it off of me. It didn't break my skin, but as a 10 year old, it scared the crap out of me. Enough so that I never swam there ever again. :blink:

I'd never swim there again either Dan. Bad enough when you catch a fish with one on it's side.

Cools pics of the mantis.

Edited by fishnsled