More Lake Ontario fun

fishnsled

I did a double shift on Lake O this past Saturday. The am guests were Headhunter and Rubin. Met at the launch for 5:30am, loaded and lines were set before 6:30am. Beauty sunrise over the lake.

P1000856.jpg

Rubin happy to be out.

P1000857.jpg

Joe wondering why he is not in bed.

P1000859.jpg

It wasn't too long and Rubin was into the first fish of the day.

P1000860.jpg

A bit of time passes when the next rod goes off. Smaller bow about 2-3 pounds for Joe. I'm up next and hoping for something a bit bigger. We trolled and trolled and trolled for another 4 hours without a bump. Off the water by 12:30, home - lunch - power nap and then head out to pick up Cliff for round 2.

On the water around 4 and head back out to 130ft and set up the lines. It wasn't long and the dispsys were firing. A couple fish lost and a couple small ones to the boat. Had something trip the dipsy in the middle of the action. Reeled in reset the dipsy, send it back out to the same number on the counter, and as soon as I sat down, the rod fires again. Get up and real in one of the smaller bows. Fun to see that happen. Things slowed a bit so we turned to go back into the "alley" when one rod starts screaming out line. Hoping for a chinny but were not disappointed with this nice bow.

P1000861.jpg

As the sun started to set we made our way to shallower water hoping for a mature chinook but it wasn't meant to be. It certainly was an awesome sunset though.

P1000862.jpg

P1000867.jpg

P1000870.jpg

P1000873.jpg

Off the water around 9pm and the end of beauty summer day, couldn't ask for nicer weather. B) Fun day on the water with some great people, the fish were a bonus. Thanks for the company gentlemen.

Will...always a great time on the water and Sunday evening shift was no exception! Here's a pic of your first one...held up quickly for a photo and released to swim another day....

IMG-20120825-02337.jpg

We'll see what the weather does this Saturday....think you'll have the downriggers installed by then?? LOL

It was fun out there Will... could have used a little more action after 8:00am, but thems the fishing gods...

Man did it get hot out there by 11:00am... hardly any wind and that dirty rotten sun had no mercy...

Cooked up the bow for dinner Saturday night... cut into steaks, marinated in teriaki sauce, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper and it was a hit with the Warden, my niece and her boyfriend!

Thanks for getting us out Will, gonna have to try to get out again!

Fil... had my "frilly" shirt on, but my jacket covered it up!

Cliff... song number 2 from Blur!!! LMAO

HH

It was fun out there Will... could have used a little more action after 8:00am, but thems the fishing gods...

Man did it get hot out there by 11:00am... hardly any wind and that dirty rotten sun had no mercy...

Cooked up the bow for dinner Saturday night... cut into steaks, marinated in teriaki sauce, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper and it was a hit with the Warden, my niece and her boyfriend!

Thanks for getting us out Will, gonna have to try to get out again!

Fil... had my "frilly" shirt on, but my jacket covered it up!

Cliff... song number 2 from Blur!!! LMAO

HH

I think I can manage that song HH!!! Have we found a drummer yet for the Bernie weekends?? LOL.

Woswa, great shirt.

Thanks Phil! I can vouch for Joe and his fine shirt. Rubin and Cliff on the other hand need to read the memos that go out before these trips. Very disappointed in both of them as I'm sure Joe is as well. :P

Glad the trout was a hit Joe, sounds really good. Thanks for the additional pic Cliff, looks like I should be wasting away in Margaritaville. :D Glad you liked the sunset shots Chad, it really was nice to watch out there that evening.

Good stuff guys, I've missed the big lake this year. :(

Funny I was just thinking about you learning this one Cliff while watching this video.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/03YUgHAshSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A drummer is what we need to rock Giesler Island off the map. thumbsup_anim.gif