Muskie Trip......SATURDAY!!!

dustink

For Christmas, I got my dad and I a guided Muskie trip with Mike Hulbert (www.mikehulbert.com). Mike fishes here in Northern Indiana in the Spring & Fall on Webster & Tippy Lakes, and the Barbie Chain and last year he put over 260 fish in the boat with the average size just under 40". Well tomorrow is the day, and will be the first time either of us has fished for muskie.

It's been over 15 years since my dad & I were in a boat together, and he really doesn't fish much. I'm really hoping he ties into a hog, but regardless I'm looking forward to the day. His health is on the decline (a genetic family disease), and he's probably not going to be here in 5 years, so it's all about the memories...nothing more! I'm hoping this turns into a yearly event......

It'll be Tuesday before I can post a report, as I'm taking Monday off to work on the house we just bought, but here's hoping I'll have something great to report (I know I will regardless).

Good luck to all you fishing the trout open'er...but C'MON MUSKIE!

dk

Edited by dustink

man musky in april that would be nice heck maybe we should make a OFC swill and go do some. Have a blast I know your memories will be the best for you. My father and I are heading out in 2 weeks for a weekend he had mentioned it a couple years ago after beating cancer that he wanted to go camping again so we have done it each year since I was so happy he made the choice as I had been bugging him for years to do it again and we will always remember each trip. make the best of it and turn the TV off listin to a ball game or just talk about the day. enjoy it

man musky in april that would be nice heck maybe we should make a OFC swill and go do some. Have a blast I know your memories will be the best for you. My father and I are heading out in 2 weeks for a weekend he had mentioned it a couple years ago after beating cancer that he wanted to go camping again so we have done it each year since I was so happy he made the choice as I had been bugging him for years to do it again and we will always remember each trip. make the best of it and turn the TV off listin to a ball game or just talk about the day. enjoy it

Thanks, guys!

I'm outta here until Tuesday. Not sure how I'm going to sleep tonight....we're leaving at 4:30 for a 6:30 AM meet with Mike. I talked to him today, and fishing on Webster was good yesterday, and he was going to Barbie Chain today, and we're going wherever he had more success.....

No way I'm sleeping.....report / pics on Tuesday!

dk

Enjoy your time D-K......enjoy your time with the Big 'D'

Its a memory of memories to come...............even if just once!

You probably got all the bases covered.....I'd like to add just one..........

Make sure your camers batteries are charged and you have extra.........for your sake, not ours here on the board.

Enjoy, enjoy and great fishing luck to the both of you,..this is exellence in the making.

The time on the water together Justin will far out-weigh any fish you may catch. Make the most of it and hopefully your dad will have a great day and want to do it more often. I wish you both the best of luck and, when you come back, share your experience. Go get 'em guys !