I'm happy catching one...but two!!!

Beans

After my trip to the lab for some blood work-up last Wednesday morning, I took a run over to one of my favorite "carp swims" seeing as I was half-way there...

11:30 am I get my what must be my personal best...a 25 to 30 lbr...had a hell of a time getting it into my net as I had to bring it in sitting on my chair as my back was giving me grief and I was on my own

Don't know what my buddy is feeding those carp but they seem bigger this season over last...I was using a tiger nut boilie combined with a pineapple Monster Maize on my "hair"

01:00pm I'm developing a headache and thinking of packing it in when my alarm goes off (love that song !) This one took off like it was going over to the far shore but when I get it in, the netting was much easier (18 to 20 lbs)...

02:00 pm I give up as the headache is worse even though I put my brollie up and sat in the shade all the while I was there...must have been the glare off the water...besides all I had after the second carp was a tremendous line bump that gave me a birds-nest (maybe my "free spool" is set too "free")

Sorry no pics...gotta remember my camera and scale next time...

Edited by Beans

You did great Norm. Next year, when I get to be your age, I hope I can do as well. Glad you're enjoying the carp thing. And please hug that Maribeth woman for me.....you can have one too if you like. :)

You did great Norm. Next year, when I get to be your age, I hope I can do as well. Glad you're enjoying the carp thing. And please hug that Maribeth woman for me.....you can have one too if you like. :)

Geeze...thanks Roy...you are all heart...rolleyes.gif

I noticed yesterday that I had a bottle of acetaminophin in my truck...wallbash.gif

Ah h h h . . . . . it's great to read about what's goin' on up in my favorite fishin' hole on beautiful Lake 'X.' I'd be there too if it wasn't for having to recuperate from my SECOND knee replacement in 6 months! The surgeon didn't get it right the first time . . . . had to go through the whole drill again. I guess that's why a doctor's work is called a 'practice,' he don't get it right the first time, he needs more practice! But . . . . . there seems to be a definite lack of interest in carping this year . . . . . a REALLY big one musta dragged Crappieperchhunter off, he's been REALLY quiet lately? Oh well, I'm gettin' pretty good with my cane, but not quite good 'nuff to tackle a big ol' carp while leaning on it! I should be able to make it up there the first week of August, to watch, not to fish! See ya then.

Hey Norm, good to hear you had some great success :thumbsup_anim: Sorry to hear about the headache though, mind you, with a head like that it should ache :whistling:

Maureen

Have you been told yet today ?...and I don't mean "Happy Birthday"mad.gif