Tubing behind a Bass Boat

Stoty

i have one of the pole systems you mentiotioned but dont use it..i use the yoke and transom eyes as mentioned, no problems...

but my boat would sit higher in the water than your bass boat.

the boat only goes as fast as you drive it, so im sure you can find a comfortable speed to tube at. i do get it if the minimum plane speed is too high, don't know what that speed is???

i dont understand the commment that a boat is too powerful or too fast to ski/tube behind. Not enough power to pull a guy up is a problem but an abundance of power is great when getting up behind a boat, particularly from a dock/beach start.

If yer ripping the guys arms off that is a driving choice not a boat problem:)

Can you just tie off to the tie down on the side of the boat? Why does the rope need to be in the middle of the boat?

No, because the way my boat is setup with the built in ropes... they are much thinner than a regular rope, so the cleats are actually about half the "height" of a regular one so a tow rope wouldn't be able to wrap around the cleats on the side.

Like I said.. I'm new to the towing thing, but doesnt it make more sense to have the tow rope centered off the back, then off to one side?

I wouldnt suggest using a tripod,my last boat came with a very nice stainless swivel eze so I looked into using it for tubing and the manufacturer specifically stated it was not suitable for pulling tubes. I've pulled a tube with 2 different bassboats using the tie downs with no problem.