Worm Pricing

express168

I usually stop at Billy Bob's bait in North Bay on my way up so I don't have to worry about melting them during the trip. He has flats for $45 and the size and quality of the worms is second to none. Crappy worms really P me off especially when you buy a whole flat. He is only about 300 yards west of Hwy 11 on Lakeshore Road. I am going up next week so I just called to confirm and he has lots.

Can't say what Malcolm would charge now but in June a flat was $30.00. Did anyone call?

With this drought, could be more? :dunno:

I stopped by there the other day and he was charging $35. Still a solid price for sure. I'm picking up 2 flats at end of the month.

I wonder if the walnut method ruins the ground in any way? Will it kill the grass if you were to do it on that?

Grass seems to be not affected but there is some herbicide properties to it , very little else like other species seedlings will sprout under a walnut tree cause of chemicals that wash off of them.

edit: this explains it

http://earthfriendlygardening.wordpress.com/2006/11/30/allelopathic-plants-natures-weedkillers/

Edited by dave524

Grass seems to be not affected but there is some herbicide properties to it , very little else like other species seedlings will sprout under a walnut tree cause of chemicals that wash off of them.

edit: this explains it

http://earthfriendly...es-weedkillers/

Very cool Dave! Thanks for the science lesson. good.gif

Throwing this out there for anybody heading to Apsley or Bancroft...

The new tackle store in Bobcaygeon has a sign for worms $1.90 a dozen...

Just east of the four-way stop signs at the north end of town on the north side of Hwy 36...