Worm Pricing

express168

I will be heading up to Lake Onaping for the week of Aug 11-18 and have heard that the bait pricing is pretty expensive. I stopped at Bills Baits on Hamilton mountain and they sell a half flat ( about 250 worms) for $30.00 or full flat ( about 500 worms) for $45.00. Sounds like a good price to me, anyone recommend anybody else in the area that sells flats or half flats for a decent price?

Don't bother trying to pick them up yourself, I watered my lawn at night for 3 hours straight the other night, when I went out to pick them up I saw nothing and when I started digging the ground was dry about 3 inches down!

Isn't that supposed to be 7.6 cm to our youngsters today? :)

Since you live in the Creek, check out a guy who sells bait from his house. I believe he supplies Grimsby Tackle....he's on Barton St just past Fruitland Rd on the left. He has a sign out front and it's perhaps 3 houses east of Fruitland Rd. Let me know how it goes, I'll need to pick up 2 flats soon.

Since you live in the Creek, check out a guy who sells bait from his house. I believe he supplies Grimsby Tackle....he's on Barton St just past Fruitland Rd on the left. He has a sign out front and it's perhaps 3 houses east of Fruitland Rd. Let me know how it goes, I'll need to pick up 2 flats soon.

His name is Malcolm but I'll be darned if I can locate his phone number. dunno.gif

His name is Malcolm but I'll be darned if I can locate his phone number. dunno.gif

Thanks Chris, for the life of me I couldn't remember his name. Think I might stop by there this evening. I'll pm you his # if you can't find it.

Thanks Chris, for the life of me I couldn't remember his name. Think I might stop by there this evening. I'll pm you his # if you can't find it.

Thanks Bud. ;)

I know Fish Farmer has it, if he happens to see this thread. dunno.gif

I know where your talking about, I have seen the sign but have never stopped in. Thanks for the reminder, I will pass by there tomorrow and let you know.

Could of sworn I saw signs on that Malcolm guys property in the past saying that a dozen was like 2.50 or 3$. I would assume a flat would not be cheap in that case. $45 sounds like a great deal, I payed $60 a couple weeks ago at Danny's Live Bait on New Mountain Rd. They were the fattest worms ever, although it was $50 last year :wallbash:. She sells half flats too for 30$. Lady claimed lack of rain is causing prices to increase, which makes sense.

Let us know where you find them cheapest, I'm hoping to sneak one more fishing trip past the wife this year :D.

I will be heading up to Lake Onaping for the week of Aug 11-18 and have heard that the bait pricing is pretty

expensive. I stopped at Bills Baits on Hamilton mountain and they sell a half flat ( about 250 worms) for $30.00 or full flat ( about 500 worms) for $45.00. Sounds like a good price to me, anyone recommend anybody else in the area that sells flats or half flats for a decent price?

I have two places in Toronto 30 cash for 500 worms

Lady claimed lack of rain is causing prices to increase, which makes sense.

Let us know where you find them cheapest, I'm hoping to sneak one more fishing trip past the wife this year :D.

Actually very rarely will rain affect night crawlers or trout worms or even red worms. Most people just buy some worms throw them in a dark container filled with dirt and compost and they're supposed to multiply like rabbits. So I doubt that the lack of rain is affecting her, more giving her a reason to up the prices.

Ok Paul, given this info your in the garage Friday night at my place :w00t:

This heat is affecting the prices of many things.The guy at the local fish market said crabs are going for 10-12 bucks a piece. I said "Shake hands with a millionare":thumbsup_anim:

I'd be willing to bet most places are selling 'picked' worms opposed to farmed worms, though I could be wrong, but lack of rain could very well lead to increased prices if worms are being shipped in from other places.

This was my impression after talking to her. I herd some places pick worms at golf courses because they are watered daily. Must be an agreement with the club.

This heat is affecting the prices of many things.The guy at the local fish market said crabs are going for 10-12 bucks a piece. I said "Shake hands with a millionare":thumbsup_anim:

Ok Paul, given this info your in the garage Friday night at my place :w00t:

And while you're at it Paul, you can 'scratch' 9/27 off the list :oops:

I have been getting upset with the worm prices here in cambridge (3.50 to 4.50) so I've found a way to pick my own worms from the ground. First get a fairly large buck. I use I five gallon. Add a cup of dishsoap and fill the rest of the way with water. Spread it out over an area of dirty. I tend to look for places that get a lot of shade. Sit there with a bucket with topsoil and pick away. Works well. But like fishing the spots are hit or miss. Best of luck.

I have been getting upset with the worm prices here in cambridge (3.50 to 4.50) so I've found a way to pick my own worms from the ground. First get a fairly large buck. I use I five gallon. Add a cup of dishsoap and fill the rest of the way with water. Spread it out over an area of dirty. I tend to look for places that get a lot of shade. Sit there with a bucket with topsoil and pick away. Works well. But like fishing the spots are hit or miss. Best of luck.

This does work, I don't do it very often because I'm worried it will shorten the lifespan of the worms. Don't know if thats true though.