classic bass lakes

I'm trying to find somewhere (preferably central ontario, between muskoka and algonquin) to camp for 4 days, I'd like it to have most of the classic elements of a bass lake (to gain experience) it would also have to be canoe-friendly. The things I'd really like are pencil reeds, lots of pads and cabbage. Thanks for any suggestions! good.gif(if possible it would also be nice to have a secluded camp ground, so no trailers and packed together sites.)

I'm trying to find somewhere (preferably central ontario, between muskoka and algonquin) to camp for 4 days, I'd like it to have most of the classic elements of a bass lake (to gain experience) it would also have to be canoe-friendly. The things I'd really like are pencil reeds, lots of pads and cabbage. Thanks for any suggestions! good.gif(if possible it would also be nice to have a secluded camp ground, so no trailers and packed together sites.)

You don't ask for much do you! LOL

The specifics you ask for doesn't really fit that area from my experience. However, there are many lakes and campsites around the Dorset/Dwight area that have bass in the lakes. They aren't your classic bass lakes, but try tubes, drop shotting and wacky rigs.

You don't ask for much do you! LOL

The specifics you ask for doesn't really fit that area from my experience. However, there are many lakes and campsites around the Dorset/Dwight area that have bass in the lakes. They aren't your classic bass lakes, but try tubes, drop shotting and wacky rigs.

Ya I know it was a long shot, just really want to get some bass practice, i would use a less pristine site but when the other campers don't fish you have to have something for them. wink.gif

I always avoided it because it seemed as though it was a loud and busy park...

Once you launch yer canoe in the early morning,you will be on the lake all day.So whats the prob? You can take the whole day,(12 hours)to do the shore line. You would be surprised,how long you can spend on just one spot on that lake. First lake I was ever taken for a canoe fish when I was 12.Then again,the times have changed. To bad.

I find Opeongo a little tougher to fish with all the big boats but I agree it's got some nice fish, and for grimsby I would tell you but it's a sensitive place that I got a strict don't tell anyone on, soooo ya...

....so take that suggestion and run with it :)