The 3C's

dsn

Catfish, Carp, Center Island report.

Was nice out no wind and calm. The catfish where loaded in the pond and some carp. Even saw 1-2 jumps when the sun broke out a bit this afternoon. I took alot of photos for my ref files. Boy, do I love this camera!! Again the hair rigs didn't seem to work.

carpo2.jpg

carpo1.jpg

carpo3.jpg

carpo4.jpg

carpo6.jpg

carpo7.jpg

carpo10.jpg

Below is the biggest ma ma I got, A quick photo and back she went. Wish a had photographer. :lol:

carpo19.jpg

If Your about to have "DINNER"........ "PLEASE DO NOT SCROLL DOWN any further it gets nasty. Catfish report. Scroll down at your own risk.

cat1.jpg

Ok I warned you so here it is!!

cat5.jpg

Here's more.... "MJL rememebr this nasty one? (above) :lol: From last year!!

cat7.jpg

Want a closer look? :w00t:

cat7a.jpg

Ok heres the normal fish pics. :D

I swicthed up to Bollies so the catfish might not take it but guess what?

cat6.jpg

cat11.jpg

This swan came over to check out the strange object sitting beside the pond which was never there before. :lol: He or she even decided to step out of the pool and check it out up close and I mean real close. It was like 12 inches from me cause my backpack was in the middle!! :w00t:

She got right up close to me and tried to bite me. I had to put my rod between her and me. Then she attacked my backpack's shoulder strap. I stood my ground and said to it " God gave dominion of the earth to man! So beat it!!" :lol: It turned around and slowly started to walk away after a good 2-3 minutes.Then it turned around and wanted to confront me the second time. I took my rod and gave it a push along the way. Boy are those things heavy they don't budge.I wonder how much that thing weighs. Maybe more than me :lol: She slowy entered back into the pool and swam away slowly.

swan1.jpg

Couldn't believe how tall it was. Standing on the ground out of the water it reached my chest looking me right in the eye. :w00t:

Like I said wish I had a photographer. It would have been funny. A face to face shot.

Well thats the update.

Since some folks were thinking of heading out this weekend but not sure what to fish for from the pm's I got with my rencent carp posts.

This report is for you. :D

dsn

ps.. watch for the swan, he's a fisherman stalker. He'll come right up to you and attack!! He's slow but he attacks.

Edited by dsn

Ok I warned you so here it is!!

cat5.jpg

Here's more.... "MJL rememebr this nasty one? (above) :lol: From last year!!

Wasn't that the one you kissed last year?LOL

I know that swan well

20050602_0001.jpg

It's better he's bothering you instead of me. He stole 1/2 my bait last year while I was taking a nap.

Wasn't that the one you kissed last year?LOL

I know that swan well

20050602_0001.jpg

It's better he's bothering you instead of me. He stole 1/2 my bait last year while I was taking a nap.

oooooooh thats hurts. :lol: "The comment about me kissing that cat."

That'll teach yah not to sleep. :D

dsn

If that swan was beind persistant there must have been a nest nearby and he or she was just protecting the area. They can be very territorial and VERY protective of the nest. You got off lucky. :D

Yeah that was the first thingy that came to my mind. But I saw it coming from a distance slowly as if it was exspecting food. Cause some folks feed them. Just like the other ducks came over and left. If that was the case I would have gladly moved. :)

Those are bullheads or yellow bellies or mud cats...they dont count and a completley different animal than a channel or blue or flathead.Sorta like the differance between a rock bass and a smallmouth...just so y'all know.Great pics though.

Joe

glad you are getting them! no signs of carp in Ottawa yet... just came back.. a few nice crappies though..

damn that cat is nasty!

Yeah there are a few of them in there but these are the worse. :blush:

dsn

Hey dsn.

What scared me was the fact that last May I saw a father and son keep two bullhead 'cats' they caught down at the Toronto Islands. :wacko: Most of the bullheads I have caught down there have some kind of weird growth (though yours have to be the worst LOL). How crazy must a person be to eat bottom dwelling fish out of the Toronto Harbour? :dunno:

Edited by OO7

Hey dsn.

What scared me was the fact that last May I saw a father and son keep two bullhead 'cats' they caught down at the Toronto Islands. :wacko: Most of the bullheads I have caught down there have some kind of weird growth (though yours have to be the worst LOL). How crazy must a person be to eat bottom dwelling fish out of the Toronto Harbour? :dunno:

Yeah there are some that look clean on the outside.... but when you gut them and look on the inside they are infested with the yellow grubs. I found that the larger cats have the infestations or every decease or a diffenerent combinations . :unsure: I didn't even touch them to release them. long nose pliers. yuck. Might have infected my fishing hooks too. :w00t: