Pictures Of Old Berkley Powerbait

So I got this sample worm bag with a few packages of powerbait from what looks to be a long time ago. The plastics are in great shape and I just wanted to share some pictures of these old age plastics. Really is neat to see some old stuff. I was hoping to get a idea of when these plastics might of been made?

The Binder with the pack's inside

ScreenHunter_01Jul052019.jpg

The individual packs.

ScreenHunter_02Jul052019.jpg

Power Tubes

ScreenHunter_03Jul052019.jpg

Power Worms

ScreenHunter_04Jul052019.jpg

One of the Walleye Rig packs

ScreenHunter_05Jul052019.jpg

Power Shad

ScreenHunter_06Jul052020.jpg

And the power grubs

ScreenHunter_07Jul052020.jpg

Is there any value to these? I don't need to use them on the water but will use the binder, the shads and these walleye rigs look interesting. Going to try and search some, heck I might have a a bunch of collectibles here :P

Tightlines

MTBF

Don't know if you've got anything of too much value, but it is pretty cool to see the old packaging! I believe seeing one of those bags at my house before.

Come to think about it though, I don't think powerbait has changed their formula in a long long time... They still smell the same!

Have fun with them Mike!

The oldest it could be is 1988. That's when it hit the market. Pretty worthless I'd say.

Edited to add: It appears to be a kit that Pure Fishing would have given to stores and reps to try out and pass along to guides and pros and such.

Mike those baits are from the mid 90s. Berkley went with the yellow wave pattern (shark teeth?) along the bottom of the label somewhere around 94 or 95, and kept it till about 98 or 99. I have some old fishing magazines from that period and you can see the same label in the ads.

These will all work just fine. May as well use them, since they have basically zero value. They're not collectible, because there's still way too many of them out there.

Baits marked "Sample" were normally given free of charge to fishing writers, tournament guys and sponsored pros so they would use them and start hyping the new product. They were marked "sample" to discourage unscrupulous people from just selling it. I have a garage full of this stuff. Whenever I got samples I always kept one or two packages in perfect condition, so I could use them as photo props. Still have most of it .... I mean boxes and boxes of stuff now .... so its kind of like my own personal museum.

By the way, if you like old baits, keep an eye out on eBay for old Power Bait Neonz. They were produced around the same time. Man alive, did those baits STINK!! I have no clue what Berkley put in that stuff but once you got it on your hands you couldn't get it off. I still remember getting the samples in the mail and opening a bag in my office. It almost made my graphic artist puke, and my desk smelled like a dead animal for two weeks. Berkley discontinued the Neonz baits after a short while (likely due to people being afraid to buy the stuff) but they did catch fish.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

I hate to use them but am not happy they are not worth much moola. I looked for those Power Shad's and couldn't seem to find info on them. The rest of the baits are still out today I believe.

All in all it's nice to take a step back and see some older gear.

I looked for those Power Shad's and couldn't seem to find info on them.

All in all it's nice to take a step back and see some older gear.

those power shads got me hooked on bass fishing, deadly on a gravel pit i grew up fishing...i'll buy that bag off you for 10 bucks, sentimental value lol

Geezzzze, I've got a cell phone that's older then that stuff Mike. :w00t:

Welcome to the club... I still have my old bag phone... and the first flip phone.... what a monster. just gotta remember where they are for old times sake...

G

those power shads got me hooked on bass fishing, deadly on a gravel pit i grew up fishing...i'll buy that bag off you for 10 bucks, sentimental value lol

Yep! I still got a bunch of those gold/black power shads. Great for rock smallies on a black 3/16 oz jig head with the larger hook.

Kerry