DIY Truck Liner (paint on) NF

Stoty

It is easy to apply make sure you do the prep work exactly as stated. The final product will show excessive product mistakes and over working the product. Just make sure you are consistent thru out the application and do it all at the same time.

Art

I bought the Duplicolour DIY bed liner kit from CT over the weekend, and I was wondering if anyone has used this before to do a truck bed? From what I've been reading it seems easy enough to apply.

The Kit I Bought

Do yourself a favour and take it back and get your truck linex'd.

Through a lot of research, it is the best option for protection and longevity.

Diy will not last and will chip and fade over time almost guaranteed.

Do it yourself and if not satisfied get a drop in liner...

But I keep hearing the best is LINE-X spray in liner......my Tundra came with a plastic liner from the factory and it still looks like new 5 years later........I like it because I can get stuff to slide on it......when you can no longer lift you slide stuff......if I don't want it to slide I just put a old towel under that item.

GOOD LUCK,

Bob

Do it yourself and if not satisfied get a drop in liner...

But I keep hearing the best is LINE-X spray in liner......my Tundra came with a plastic liner from the factory and it still looks like new 5 years later........I like it because I can get stuff to slide on it......when you can no longer lift you slide stuff......if I don't want it to slide I just put a old towel under that item.

GOOD LUCK,

Bob

Those plastic liners are OK for protecting the box - I had one in my Sierra, but I knew I wasn't keeping it long - leased it for two years. The issue is the vibration and them sliding, if only slightly, but they do. They rub the paint off the box and they also trap moisture. Raw metal + water = rust and lots of it.

I'm planning on keeping my Ford for a long time, so I paid for the Line-x.

The guy I bought my truck off of had the Line-x done when new and ten years later its still in really good shape. theres some scratches in it from where he drove a sled into the back repeatedly but nothing that has gotten to the metal or paint. Whatever truck I buy next will definitely get it as well.

ryan

Stoty only you know your abilities...you can successfully spray in the kit yourself with a cheap Shultz gun and a small compressor...it isnt that hard and it will look just as good a Line-X but....yeah there is a but....Line X is a rubberized flexible product and can be sprayed on in great mil thicknesses and if for what ever reason your vehicle suffers an impact...it will flex to great proportions before it actually cracks...so repair to your truck could be just a rear quarter or external panels on the box....with the kits like yours and Rinho...the product is hard and brittle so sometimes just dropping a pile of lumber in the box will cause a shock throughout and crack or even pop a chip out...even if you spray it again there will always be a Mil thickness difference...i have had both applications on several vehicles and the bottom line is ....you get what you pay for...but both look good

Hope it helps

Got quotes from Hamilton, Burlington, Cambridge and London for the 5'8" box on my '09 Silverado CrewCab. anywhere from 450 to 550. This was under-rail, including tail-gate. One guy even offered to do my frame rails in the rear wheel wells for free.