Job Opportunity - Red Lake, Ontario

redlaker

Hey everyone, I hope i'm posting this in the right forum, mods please let me know if I am not...

I have an opening for a fishing / camping / hunting clerk in gorgeous Red Lake, Ontario. Looking for someone to help with day to day operations that knows fishing and hunting well and is great with customers.

The bonus....well living in Red Lake of course! In many sportsman's eyes the fishing and hunting capital of Ontario. Walleye, Pike and Lake Trout galore, lakes everyone, Great population of Moose, Bear, some Deer, Caribou, Fox, Wolf...Grouse litter the bush....it's truly an amazing area to work and live.

Currently have one position open, but may have another one as we head into fall!

Yes it would require relocation to the north, but for those looking to get out of the city permanently, this may be the ticket.

Anyone interested?

Please PM me here, or call 807-727-1969 between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM central time to discuss.

I'm not looking for a job as I do enough work up there at the mines. But this is a great opportunity for a young adventurous person. Hope you find an OFC member to fill the void.

If its full time and it would pay the bills I'd be interested. I worked for 2 years with the MNR (I'm probabally going to be hated by everyone on the board now that they know that) out of Red Lake and I fell in love with the place.

I should mention that yes, it's a full time position and we offer benefits too!!

If its full time and it would pay the bills I'd be interested. I worked for 2 years with the MNR (I'm probabally going to be hated by everyone on the board now that they know that) out of Red Lake and I fell in love with the place.

I think you underestimate the support that OFC members have for the MNR staff(at least I hope so). Some of the conditions (funding and staffing cuts) that get in the way of doing the job certainly play into a lot of dissatisfaction with services and decisions. I myself appreciate that someone is trying to preserve our hunting and fishing opportunities! I'm more concerned with some of the bonehead political decisions that we've seen over the years!

Were you paired up with Don Maw?

:D Now there's a name from the past. Thanks for reminding me, Connie. I'd forgotten his last name.

There are a lot of stories about Don Maw, but he and I have never been at odds. Without cause, he's been in my cabin a few times while I was out on the water. He's never accused me of doing anything illegal. All my mattresses have the tag intact.

There are a lot of stories about Don Maw, but he and I have never been at odds. Without cause, he's been in my cabin a few times while I was out on the water. He's never accused me of doing anything illegal. All my mattresses have the tag intact.

Hahahahaha and you shouldn't cut the tags off of stuffed toys either.

Small world. As it turns out I met and had a good chat with redlaker two years ago. If anyone has any doubts about this job, my impression of redlaker is that he is focused and has his priorities in the right place. It's the chance of a lifetime for someone that wants a change in life and loves the outdoors.

Red Laker

PM sent

Small world. As it turns out I met and had a good chat with redlaker two years ago. If anyone has any doubts about this job, my impression of redlaker is that he is focused and has his priorities in the right place. It's the chance of a lifetime for someone that wants a change in life and loves the outdoors.