WoW, I'm getting exited

GbayGiant

I noticed the first set of Walleyes come in a few days ago and I wanted to get some nice pictures so I went back today and they are in full spawn mode. I seen some of the biggest walleye I've ever seen and the females out numbered the males, it surprised me, I wasn't expecting the size of these and great numbers to. These fish were originally stocked fish but they haven't stocked any in around 10 or more years. These pics are taken from a creek around 100 yards long and no more than 15' wide at the widest spot. The pics were hard to get clear because they are in heavy current and rapid areas, but I think I got a couple nice ones.

Don't overlook any creeks on opening day, lol...You might get into a few of these. It's hard to tell in the pics but there were many fish over 30" and one or two that will have me dreaming until May 1st and the rest of my life. :Gonefishing: I seen the biggest Walleye of my life, but the pic didn't turn out, she had about a dozen males trying to get a piece, so you could hardly see her. :whistling:

gallery_322_145_116484.jpg

gallery_322_145_46434.jpg

gallery_322_145_11599.jpg

gallery_322_145_3045.jpg

gallery_322_145_29887.jpg

gallery_322_145_49156.jpg

gallery_322_145_14081.jpg

:clapping:

Edited by GbayGiant

wow thats crazy, GPS location pls? we on same team here, we could do damage when season opens

Well, I don't know if they'll compete with the fall Quint walleye numbers, but the Bay has some giant walleyes to, just harder to find.

I'm surprised to see that many in daylight there John.

Not trying to kick a dead horse here, but with a river this small you could clear out the fish in one day and ruin a fishery, that's why our town try's are hardest to protect the fish while there spawning.

The spawn only lasts around a week, if the weathers consistent, so we got locals that take shifts watching the fish day and night, so far so good.

If they make it through the spawn, it only gets better each year, but you can literally ruin a fishery in one day if people kill spawning fish, we have been lucky so far.

Guest gbfisher

Nice to see.

Ya have to remember guys.. Only half the pics spawn in rivers on the Bay and on other bodies of water as well. There are still lots of spawning pickerel to be caught well after the season opens. Something for you C&R guys....

:Gonefishing:

Pike on the 1rst... :clapping:

awesome pics gbay giant

went down to my local spot and the perch are spawning also, i wouldnt be suprised if there were thousands of perch running side to side, il try and get down there this week and take some pictures. i guess after the eyes spawn in that river theres nothing else worth fishing for in that river all summe long?

guess after the eyes spawn in that river theres nothing else worth fishing for in that river all summe long?

Ya, it's a sanctuary to the mouth until June and by then all the fish are long gone anyway, I've seen a couple pike in the summer in there but nobody fishes it. I trap some nice chub minnows for bait though.