Surface of the moon or.....

What do you think? Craters on the surface of the moon?

GOPR0036.jpg

I hit up the lake for a short fish tonight... I thought maybe some of you guys hadn't seen a field of bluegill beds before so I took a few minutes to grab some underwater pictures of them...

GOPR0078.jpg

guarding the nest...

GOPR0054.jpg

GOPR0081.jpg

GOPR0086.jpg

GOPR0087-1.jpg

I also tried taking pictures of myself with the timer... what a pain in the butt.. lol It's easier to just have the kid take pictures when she's out with me.... Tossed around a small trout style crank and caught a few fish.. good relaxation therapy..

IMG_2075.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg

IMG_2083.jpg

On a sad note... for some reason the Conservation Authority decided to cut down one of my favorite lay down trees... caught plenty of big fish off this tree and I'm gonna miss it! Hopefully they just let it sink and don't take it out completely..

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

Have a good week folks!

cheers,

Ryan

Neat looking pics there, great report!

Thanks Joey!

Very neat underwater shots, Ryan- you successfully capture cool views that I would otherwise turn blue to witness!!!

THanks Juli! :thumbsup_anim:

Great report Ryan...stunning pictures!

Appreciate it buddy - I'd trade in my bluegill lake for your front yard any day! haha

Just incredible pics Ryan...Really cool to see their nests...I don't think I've ever seen anything like that

Thanks bud - I've seen them other places to but never stacked up like they are here every year...

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. I like the crater shot!

Thanks dude!

Cool stuff, bud! That crappie is wicked!

Thanks Frankie - I think I tossed my crankbait back at that fish like 20 times before I got him to commit! haha He followed it to the boat a half dozen times...

Thanks for posting those pics. Ive seen individual nests before but never that many together!

Nadda problem - thanks for checkin them out!

Those are definitely some cool underwater pics.!

Thanks!

Lovely stuff Ryan! But why would the CA destroy fish habitat? Makes no sense.

I suspect Ryan's theory is correct and that they'll just leave it to create better fish habitat. :thumbsup_anim: Possibly it was seen as a potential hazard to boaters if it was leaning and they were just avoiding possible liability issues should the unlikely happen. :dunno: