Trailer Hitch Lock

And perhaps most importantly about the hitch locks.....if you are not using one and your boat gets stolen, most marine insurance underwriters will not pay out. Check the fine print of your policy....it's front and center on mine. I'm insured with ELCO....I use the Master Lock kit combo too, although I think I'm gonna invest in the stainless version next go 'round. Tight lines.....

I have a combo pack from Master Lock. Hitch and trailer lock. No issues so far. I think if they really want my boat and hitch they will get it somehow.

I have the same lock set & no problems on my end either.

Guest Trophymuskie

I have that lock for the hitch as well as the skinny one for the coupler. Well it malfunctioned on me last year in Belle river and I took out my trusty Can-Tire tool kit and with that little saw in there I was able to cut through it in seconds. LOL

I think the hitch one been thicker and under the hitch makes it a lot safer but the other one was a joke to cut.

I used a very large chain to tie trailler and hitch together last fall, it worked fine but had to take it off during travelling.

• 1 year later...
And perhaps most importantly about the hitch locks.....if you are not using one and your boat gets stolen, most marine insurance underwriters will not pay out. Check the fine print of your policy....it's front and center on mine.

If it's gone, how do they know whether you had one or not?

Second the stainless idea. Mine is rusting quite a bit, so stainless the next time around.

Good idea but check where the product comes from, a lot if not most of the far east products use real cheap quality stainless that will rust after a short time exposed to the elements. Bring along a small magnet, if it sticks, it's junk. Real stainless is not magnetic.