Shorefishing with the creww=

Hi all,

Had a one hour session from shore this morning with the whole crew, BIG minnow on a floating jig nabbed the only pike, did briefly try a husky jerk with no takers.

Everyone got involved and it was a fun morning till rain stopped play and we headed back to the house for hot choc and marshmallows...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6GG11Qc-2IE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_1849.jpg

IMG_1844.jpg

Thanks for the replies folks :thumbsup_anim:

I hate you, Simon.

For real.

Ok, not for real.

But maybe a little.

awww come on.....lol

awesome , looks like everyone is having fun !

Yah...the dog is even enjoying the water more now that it does not freeze internal organs on contact!

Looked like a perfect meal :thumbsup_anim: .

Do you harvest any pike Simon?

Simon

Hey Si, no i dont. I tried it once and it was ok its just that the wife is not keen on it. I dont like freezing fish simply because i dont really need to....and i would have way to much fish for one sitting if i harvested pike. I sometimes only harvest half my limit of walleye as thats more than enough to feed us...and if i have left overs there are far more takers for walleye than pike.

ahhh man I love your reports...

Thats a nice pike! Great shot of Roloff as well.

"Look at the stripes on his tail!" lol, Jack is awesome!!!

Thanks Rick...he is super observant...as are most 3 year olds...dont miss a gosh darned thing!

Did you catch that pike on a bare jig head with no leader?

yes and no. Yes i had no 'wire' leader if thats what you mean....dunno why but i rarely get bit off using the 17lb flourocarbon leader, and no because the jig is only bare because it scarfed down a 6" live, tail hooked dace minnow.

Simon -- You sure do have a nice back yard.....................

great family time - Jack's a riot - so into every fish you guys landclapping.gif

Thanks Will......hopefully Jack can emulate the feats of the amazing multi-talented angler that is the G-Man!

Jack sure does love that "paddle" stick!tongue.gif

Lol...yeah...we have to insist he leaves it at home now too...he wants to take it to town....to daycare...shopping....lol...he definitely loves it alright.

Another great report.....try smoking them there pike, eh........GREAT snack when drinking beer.... :thumbsup_anim:

Lol Bob...more canadian by the day!

I think some day i will get round to making/buying/stealing a smoker...then everything will be thrown in at least once just to see what its like.

The more oily the fish the better....White Fish is #1....then salmon/trout and Pike is very good also.....this year I will be trying smallmouth from Erie and see how it comes out. If it's not good I will gift it to my youngest son....LOL....he like anything that's free (my favorite four letter word...and his too)...LOL

The more oily the fish the better....White Fish is #1....then salmon/trout and Pike is very good also.....this year I will be trying smallmouth from Erie and see how it comes out. If it's not good I will gift it to my youngest son....LOL....he like anything that's free (my favorite four letter word...and his too)...LOL

Iv'e heard whitefish is phenomenal smoked!

As for four letter words i cant comment....sesame street is not on up here until 9 am :mellow:

Love these Jack reports, Simon. They always remind me of : "You can learn so much from the face of a child. Especially the mouth part of the face."

Thanks for sharing your adventures.