Stop using cellular while driving

I wonder how they get a way with this?,many times at Weston Rd/401 and also 400 north ramp to Hwy 7 stop light I see the police moving these people away and threatening them with a ticket.

I was thinking more along the lines of entrapment. :dunno:

I was thinking more along the lines of entrapment. :dunno:

It's not entrapment. Entrapment means they are being forced to do something that the person wouldn't normally do. No one is forcing the driver to use his cell phone. It's the same thing for a speed trap. If a person is normally speeding its not entrapment.

That's like saying going under cover and wire taps are entrapment too.

Either way, that photo is from BC. Cell phone tickets don't fly in provincial court here because the government worded the law wrong. It is impossible to convict people on the cell phone law and 99% of the cell phone tickets are thrown out in court.

The BC law is worded much better and enforceable

Edited by FishnNAutographs

It's not entrapment. Entrapment means they are being forced to do something that the person wouldn't normally do. No one is forcing the driver to use his cell phone. It's the same thing for a speed trap. If a person is normally speeding its not entrapment.

That's like saying going under cover and wire taps are entrapment too.

Either way, that photo is from BC. Cell phone tickets don't fly in provincial court here because the government worded the law wrong. It is impossible to convict people on the cell phone law and 99% of the cell phone tickets are thrown out in court.

The BC law is worded much better and enforceable

The next time I think about giving the guy 5 bucks,thats standing there with a sign,OUT OF WORK HUNGRY,NEED TO FEED MY FAMILY,I,ll pass. Now I feel like an :asshat: Nice way of them to feed off the needy. I stick with my first post TY.

Not sure about the tactic...but i for one am fed up of being cut up/slowed down/ forced to take evasive action because some idiot is yaking on the phone while driving. The amount of times i've caught myself exclaiming "WTH" to myself about someone elses driving to then realise they are talking on the phone is becoming boring!

Not sure about the tactic...but i for one am fed up of being cut up/slowed down/ forced to take evasive action because some idiot is yaking on the phone while driving. The amount of times i've caught myself exclaiming "WTH" to myself about someone elses driving to then realise they are talking on the phone is becoming boring!

Wait a minute...there's actually traffic up there?

I'm guessing if you drove the Q.E.W. every day your head would spontaneously burst into flames. :lol:

loser move....

The only losers in this case are the idiots who have total disregard for the law. I don't care how they catch them. These self centered people who continue to text and talk while driving are ignorant :asshat::asshat:

Edited by pikeslayer

Wait a minute...there's actually traffic up there?

I'm guessing if you drove the Q.E.W. every day your head would spontaneously burst into flames. :lol:

Simon,he got ya on that one.LOL :worthy:

LOL...I used to live(and drive) in London, England.....you know...that tiny little town with a population of 8 million...i have been in traffic that would make the Q.E.W seem like downtown Dryden...lol.

I dont think traffic volume has anything to do with the problem...hell..if your gonna use your cell while driving...at a standstill on the Q.E.W is probably the safest place to do it!

Edited by limeyangler

at a standstill

Thats my point. If you are stopped at a light or traffic,whats the problem? When I call the mrs,s,first thing I ask,are you driving? If the answer is yes,I say,call when your stopped.I hang up.

Thats my point. If you are stopped at a light or traffic,whats the problem? When I call the mrs,s,first thing I ask,are you driving? If the answer is yes,I say,call when your stopped.I hang up.

Certainly you've been behind some idiot at a standstill with their head down, seemingly staring between their legs? They ain't admiring their package! They're texting, totally oblivious to what's happening around them. The traffic starts to move and a courtesy toot of the horn is sounded to get them moving. They jump on the gas and thank you with a one finger salute :wallbash::wallbash: .

I think from now on, I'm gonna give them the courtesy toot just before the light turns or the traffic starts to move and see if the idiots manage to ram their front end into the car in front. Might be somewhat entertaining :whistling:

ps. Brian, I'm sure your mrs of 30/31 years is definitely worthy of a Bluetooth from a loving husband.

Alls i know is..is when i experience someone elses poor driving, hand on heart i can say a lot of the time i notice they are using a cell phone.

There are no exact figures for % of accidents caused by cell phone usage...however there are statistics that show that 'driver distraction' accounts for around 80% of car crashes. Using your phone is a distraction.

Sure...i know...talking is a distraction...listening to music is a distraction....gps devices are a distraction....the list goes on....i just happen to think, from personal experience, that a ban on cell phone use while driving is a good thing.

I think the only other thing that bugs me more than someone using a cell while driving is having a dog sitting on the drivers lap, peering over the steering wheel while driving...or filming with a child in a moving boat oooops....dont look at my latest report....lol)

Edited by limeyangler

I think from now on, I'm gonna give them the courtesy toot just before the light turns or the traffic starts to move and see if the idiots manage to ram their front end into the car in front. Might be somewhat entertaining

text me before you honk, so I know it's you behind me.

;)

Totally see where you're coming from. Flip side is, it could probably save her life given certain conditions?

How did ya know,shes a bad driver,with out the cell use.LOL

LETS GO FISHING,what ya say? ;)