Engine oil for Yamaha motor

linweir

How can you own a 200hp outboard and not know what and how much oil it uses???

The same way that 80% of the population doesn`t know what type of oil there car engine uses.

Some one else does it for them.

Make sure you get enough. I'd check to see if the API service rating is the same between the original Yamaha oil and the stuff you are buying from CT. If the rating is for example SM on the Yamaha oil and the oil from CT is SM or SN you'll be fine.

I pay thru the nose for Yamalube for my 115, but worth the peace of mind. I hope.

You sure keep your money in a weird place. As long as the specs a the same or better for the aftermarket oil, be happy, don't worry. Yamaha, Mercury, BRP, etc, do not have their own oil wells. They buy oil in large quantities and add extra additives as required.

You sure keep your money in a weird place. As long as the specs a the same or better for the aftermarket oil, be happy, don't worry. Yamaha, Mercury, BRP, etc, do not have their own oil wells. They buy oil in large quantities and add extra additives as required.

The way I figure it, perhaps they have the best additives for my girl.

For the extra $20 to keep my $12K investment running optimally, Id rather pinch pennies elsewhere.

Like $60 for dinner out.