Trailer Step

mercman

A little while back, i posted asking for info on where i could get some sort of step, that i could use to get out of the boat, after trailering it alone at the boat ramp. I really didnt want to risk breaking an ankle jumping from the boat to the uneven ground of my local ramp.

The other day, a member who will remain anonymous, sent me a PM, showing me what he had just purchased at Princess Auto.

Simonwhistling.gif said it had cost him 24.99 plus tax. I replied that, that was exactly what i was looking for, and could he pick one up for meclapping.gif . He replied that he already had picked up a second one for methumbsup_anim.gif . I cant believe the goodness of the members in this Community. I received it on wednesday by puro, and here is what it looks like. It adjusts to 5 different heights and is very solid. Thanks a million anonymous memberwhistling.gif You are a great friend and a good man.

100_0029.jpg

100_0027.jpg

Another idea i had. A tool pouch from CT. held to the console with a brass drawer handle keeps all your fishing tools at hand. They do not fall out while traveling.I have driven hundreds of miles and have never had a tool come out of its place.

100_0035.jpg

Edited by mercman

Jeez Paul you are way too organized.Do you have a little red carpet that I walk on before I step in to your boat.

You have just as many gadgets as a swiss army knife and the boat is the same colour

Ok I must admit all looks good looking forward to fishing with you bud.

Oh and you need to leave the boat motor muffs at unless you use those on your ears :whistling:

Mike

:canadian:

Edited by Mike the Pike

Jeez Paul you are way too organized.Do you have a little red carpet that I walk on before I step in to your boat.

You have just as many gadgets as a swiss army knife and the boat is the same colour

Ok I must admit all looks good looking forward to fishing with you bud.

Oh and you need to leave the boat motor muffs at unless you use those on your ears whistling.gif

Mike

canadian.gif

rofl2.gif Only the boat is organized.Hell, you saw my officemellow.gif If my boat was like that, i would be shore fishingwhistling.gif

I am really looking forward to fishing with you also.good.gif

Paul

thanks guysthumbsup_anim.gif Its just right for what i need. She's a small boat, 16ft, so no big water for me.I did have her out on St Francis in 3 ft waves.It was interesting LOL.

With enough experience you can handle some really snotty water in a 16 footer.

Spent a year guiding in a 16' Lund and was caught out in some nasty waves (to 10') on many occasions and was never worried.

thanks guysthumbsup_anim.gif Its just right for what i need. She's a small boat, 16ft, so no big water for me.I did have her out on St Francis in 3 ft waves.It was interesting LOL.

Interesting.... That's an understatement.... You got so frustrated we ended up taking the big ranger out... I thought I was gunna need gloves for you to hold the musky we got...lol

It was blowing pretty good that day tho.... And waves are shaped different on a river.... I think the wind was against the current as well... That makes big sharp waves...

Interesting.... That's an understatement.... You got so frustrated we ended up taking the big ranger out... I thought I was gunna need gloves for you to hold the musky we got...lol

It was blowing pretty good that day tho.... And waves are shaped different on a river.... I think the wind was against the current as well... That makes big sharp waves...

Shallow lakes produce sharp, close together waves as well.

I like big, deep lake waves much better.

5'-6' waves on Erie are painful. pinch.gif

Been out MANY times on Lake Erie in my 16' Grumman fishing for walleyes during tournaments, etc when Lake Erie was ANGRY......but that was when I was much younger.....many times I caught so many walleyes during these blows I didn't know what to do with all of them, while looking for MR 12 pounder.... :thumbsup_anim: