still problems with mnr lic.!!

hirk

I attempted to renew tonight at CTC and the machine wouldnt process my lic. and then spent 20 minutes waiting while the person issuing them was on hold trying to speak to a tech person in Tennessee. She never did get through to a person and gave up. I said I have a trip planned for the morning and have no other place to get one so how about giving me something in writing to show I attemped to get it and the store manager refused claiming its nothing to do with them it govt. Im not fishing without one but I have essentially been denied access to legally fish due too this bungled system. I would have thought the bugs would be out by now but apparently not as the ctc woman said it had just happened to the guy before me too.

..... but I have essentially been denied access to legally fish due too this bungled system....

No you haven't... Why go to CTC when you can easily do it online? Could have had your temp permit printed in about 5 mins without leaving the comfort of your own home.

I know lot of people who were denied on-line because of postal code problem...

I think the company doing it should be liable for not issuing you a license ..if you can't fish for a weekend trip you paid for..they should be on the hook for your lose.....

Bill not everyone is computer literate or care too use a CC online or even have one.As far as leaving it late? 1 day,1 week,1 month should it make a difference.The reality is I shouldnt have expected to be able to go to a issuer and get one I guess?

Edited by hirk

I guess the next time I want gas I should get it a week in advance.....just in case .and I buy the lunch at Micy Dee the day before..cause you never know

no the service is while you wait, it always has been, so up till now there was no reason to get the license weeks in advance..

why should we expect less

Bill not everyone is computer literate or care too use a CC online or even have one.As far as leaving it late? 1 day,1 week,1 month should it make a difference.The reality is I shouldnt have expected to be able to go to a issuer and get one I guess?

You're computer literate enough to login and use this forum, I don't think renewing your card online is that big of a stretch is it?

I'm sure you were very well aware of the system being flakey, personally I wouldn't have even bothered going into a store and attempting to renew it with the horror stories that have been posted here.

Interesting thing about cc and online payments.

Years ago when I was phobic about using my cc online, I relayed this information to the csr on the phone. They told me that they appreciated that but they were going to turn around and go online to finish my transaction anyways. So now I make sure I'm on a secure site and every now and then, cross my fingers.

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to spot (I check my bank acc'ts online) and dispute any fishy transactions and a good cc company will monitor your usage. I've been called by my cc company asking about overseas transaction while travelling in Australia. Made me feel good someone or some software was keeping an eye on things.

So basically, if you're on the phone with a sales rep, chances are, your deal is being transacted online so you might as well cut out the middle man and do it yourself.

Edited by woodenboater

I'd be worried more about using my debit card at a shady gas station then I do using my CC online... Even if the worst happens, you aren't going to be the one footing the bill. I can't even count the amount of times I've used my CC online to purchase something.. Never an issue.

Edited by BillM

You're computer literate enough to login and use this forum, I don't think renewing your card online is that big of a stretch is it?

I'm sure you were very well aware of the system being flakey, personally I wouldn't have even bothered going into a store and attempting to renew it with the horror stories that have been posted here.

Notice I said "not everyone", I wasn't talking about myself Bill.

should have went to GAGNONS, would have took you less than 5 minutes. We are all trained there and do hundreds of licences right now with Turkey and Deer, fishing small games etc etc

CTC are not trained and its a guessing game.

Dave

The system was down Dave I don't think it had anything to do with the attendant. They are required to attend a mnr issuer class before selling them and be trained with the electronic system. She was on hold for 20 minutes due to high issuer call volume so its safe to say there are system problems.And I was going to go to Gagons but was already at ctc.

should have went to gagnons LOL!!!