My German Shorthair (NF)

solopaddler

Inspired by Jaspers On Point here's a couple of short video clips of my 11/2yr old German Shorthair Zoey.

Our breeder emailed recently asking for an update so the videos were for her benefit, but I thought I'd share them with you guys.

Here she is trying to catch some geese. :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hW9i69Krjdk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This breed can definitely jump!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PgJy66Vhu3s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I finally got her to swim in the deeper water. :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QP8wFtndMFo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GSP’s are beautiful dogs...High energy is an understatement! One of the property owners along the Notty has a male that just loves to play fetch...When you stop, it’ll dive right in and chase your float up and down the pool until you pick up another stick and toss it into the bush :w00t:

GSP’s are beautiful dogs...High energy is an understatement! One of the property owners along the Notty has a male that just loves to play fetch...When you stop, it’ll dive right in and chase your float up and down the pool until you pick up another stick and toss it into the bush :w00t:

I would bring my dog along too, but she'll need some training first.

There's no doubt in my mind she'd jump in after my float.

Fine if it's just me, but I could see some guys getting upset. :lol:

It's funny you say that about the Notty too. A great many years ago I was fishing it in the fall and hooked a beautiful chrome fish about 8lb's.

So while I'm fighting it a mallard flying low over the river gets tangled in my mainline.

So here I am fighting fish and fowl at the same time.

Simultaneously capturing my own personal surf and turf.

That was funny enough on its own.

Suddenly I hear a noise behind me and there's a male GSP standing quivering, ready to pounce.

With no warning he charges in and grabs the duck which was floundering on the surface about 15' out.

So now I'm battling fish, bird and dog LOL!

Amazingly my line didn't break and I managed to grab the dog, untangle the duck and land the fish.

I kid you not.

The ultimate triumverate LOL!

WHAT ????You should have taken a pic of that ...its not like you were doing anything else :whistling:

I had my Golden(also named Zoe) swimming in the fast shallows of the Saugeen and she picked up the wrong end of a dead line...no more river swimming for her...just not worth it (only mention this for your dogs safety...didnt cross my mind at the time)

Great videos Mike...its easy to see she has good Owners and that should make the breeder have peace of mind :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Twocoda

Inspired by Jaspers On Point here's a couple of short video clips of my 11/2yr old German Shorthair Zoey.

Our breeder emailed recently asking for an update so the videos were for her benefit, but I thought I'd share them with you guys.

Thanks for sharing, Mike. She's a gorgeous dog! Love the tail wag in the water. lol!

p.-

Edited by Paulus

They are a great breed. So versatile. My next one is going to be another Lab, then maybe a GSP. I've always liked them.

She's pretty intense :lol: Just wait till it warms up a bit, and you won't be able to keep her out of the water!

S.