Looking for Krocodile, chartreuse on chartreuse with silver tape!!!!

Burtess

I am starting to freak out here...... I caught my first brown of the year on Tuesday morning and then lost one of my staple lures... I only have one left!!!

I cannot find this colour combo anywhere, have been to Bass Pro, Crappy Tire, Walmart, doesn't appear to be in LeBaron cataloge (although I have not checked the store yet). It is not on the Luhr Jensen website either.... maybe an old discontinued pattern?

Anyone seen this one around?? Luhr Jensen Krocodile 2 5/8" and 1/2 oz. Chartreuse on both sides with silver tape:

IMG00266-20120323-1928.jpg

IMG00267-20120323-1928.jpg

I am scared that I will not be able to catch any more pier browns....

firstdayofspringbrown.jpg

Burt :)

Wow!!!

Don't tell me they got rid of their best pier pitching spoon!!! :wallbash:

I still have a couple in my box, but now a days they are used for ice fishing duty.

I would start looking around the smaller tackle shops for them.

There's a better chance of finding one if they have been discontinued.

Interesting. That's always been a favourite color of mine too, I've got at least 6 identical ones in my collection.

If you're really desperate you can have them for $25 each LOL!

Recently I've had very good success on the piers using a very different spoon.

Short fat, compact spoons like the KO Wobbler and Moonshine Glow Spoons in a variety of colors have been lethal.

Point is, it's a good spoon, but not the be all and end all trust me.

Interesting. That's always been a favourite color of mine too, I've got at least 6 identical ones in my collection.

Short fat, compact spoons like the KO Wobbler and Moonshine Glow Spoons in a variety of colors have been lethal.

OK.... I'll go as high as $15.... :sarcasm:

I did pick up a Mepps Little Wolf on my search. It is a shorter wide spoon with an interesting bend to it. Going to give it a shot.

You know what it is like when you build up confidence in a certain lure or technique.... I have no problem trying "new" things but it is always nice to have the old sure thing in the back pocket!

Burt :)

Thanks for under cutting me buddy!!!!! :devil:

I got mine up in the classified section for $300 a piece since they are very rare and discontinued!!!! :whistling:

I used to have a lot of luck chucking Cotton Cordell Big O plugs as well.

Perch, chartreuse, silver and best of all pearl white worked well for me.

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Funny,I caught my PB on one as well.Have no idea where that lure went.

Link wouldn't work so I had to copy and paste:

Rapala to Acquire Luhr-Jensen

Rapala has finalized the acquisition of lures and other fishing tackle business of Luhr Jensen & Sons, Inc. ("Luhr Jensen"), a Hood River, Oregon based manufacturer of fishing lures and accessories. The consideration of the deal comprises of cash and newly issued shares of Rapala. It is expected that this acquisition will be accretive to Rapala shareholders.

Founded in 1932, Luhr Jensen manufactures a wide range of lures for freshwater and saltwater species, including the Kwikfish, Krocodile, J-Plug and Hot Shot. Luhr Jensen is one of the five largest lure companies in the USA and is the market leader in the Pacific Northwest, Alaska and in British Columbia, Canada. The brand is particularly well known in market segments, which target species such as salmon, trout and steelhead. The company also sells a line of cooking products, which are not included in the acquisition. Luhr Jensen employs more than 250 people in Hood River and Mexico. The net sales of its lure and fishing tackle business were in excess of $9 million in the financial year ended in June 30, 2005.

"Luhr Jensen is an ideal fit for the Rapala family of brands," said Jorma Kasslin, CEO of the Rapala VMC Group. "Their products have a great reputation with anglers and are widely known for their quality craftsmanship. We intend to take this quality brand to the global marketplace via our network of group distribution companies. In addition, with Rapala and Luhr Jensen combined, we are definitely the world’s largest manufacturer of metal fishing lures."

"It was a difficult decision to sell the company that was founded by my father more than 70 years ago," said Phil Jensen, President of Luhr Jensen. "But the decision was made easier knowing that the Luhr Jensen traditions of dedication, quality and service will continue under Rapala’s leadership." Phil Jensen will continue as a consultant to the Rapala Group and board member of Normark USA, the Group’s wholly owned US distribution company.

Luhr Jensen will join Rapala, Storm, Blue Fox, VMC and Williamson in the Rapala family of brands. Future plans include transferring production of Luhr Jensen products to the Rapala factories.

This acquisition is part of Rapala’s strategy for profitable growth. It contributes to the Group’s brand strategy and portfolio while it leverages Rapala’s unique manufacturing and distribution platforms.

Much has changed. Not necessarily for the good.

Edited by kwikfish