Sportsmen Show Alternative

Rustic-Fisher

Well after the wife got off night shift this AM we had planned on heading to the sportsmen show but with temps forecasted into the 20's there was no way we were going to be inside.

Figured with the money we would of spent on fuel, passes, food, and who knows how many impulse buys on my part rolleyes.gif we would head off to a place that guaranteed my little guy a shot at a fish and enjoy the stellar weather (though the sportsmen show trout pond is a right of passage for a kid).

As soon as we arrived at the trout ponds my little guy was going crazy, unbuckled him from the truck, mom handed him his pre-rigged rod and I watched him sprint from the truck towards the ponds dragging dad's G loomis ultra light through the gravel the whole waywallbash.gifwallbash.gifLesson learned.

We checked in, grabbed our white pale and headed over to the brookie pond. The micro tube and slip float rig was tossed towards the middle of the pond and almost instantly my son had his first fish. I can't even explain his excitement. Between the screams, cheers farm1.jpg

we landed our first brookie.clapping.giffarm2.jpg

After everyone calmed down, myself included! we headed up to the rainbow pond where Mom and Dad hooked a few more with my son insisting he land them in the net. farm3.jpg

Though i enjoy the Sportsmen Show, I think weather permitting we may do this every spring until he's old enough to take a crack at some river Bow's. Definitely an alternative to the Sportsmen Show and plus who knows how much $$ I would of dropped at the trout pond at the show LOL.

farm5.jpg

Back to the rivers this week for Dad!

Tightlines!