Dunnville Cats

Bigworm

After reading the article in this months OC, my buddy and I rigged up and hit the Grand. It took about an hour to figure out what we were doing but then we got into them. Finished the day with 8 the biggest being 10.3lbs.

Mark

cats.jpg

cats1.jpg

cats3.jpg

I would like to catch a large one in the summer and see how the fight, in the cool water I find they have a lot less energy. In the summer in London I catch small channel cats and they have more power then the large 15+ ones I got in the spring.

Edited by coreyhkh

I would like to catch a large on one in the summer and see how the fight, in the cool water I find they have a lot less energy. In the summer in London I catch small channel cats and they have more power then the large 15+ ones I got in the spring.

the bigger ones dont have as much fight to them as a smaller fish. a 10lb cat will fight harder then a 20lb cat.

u just get more weight to move with the bigger fish, they tend to be more stubborn. like to hold bottom more, and just use their size to work your rod. where as the smaller fish, will shake and run around more on u.

the bigger ones dont have as much fight to them as a smaller fish. a 10lb cat will fight harder then a 20lb cat.

I've caught cats close to 20lb and I certainly agree with this. Also I do think water temps play a role too. Despite the nice weather the rivers are still cold, once they warm up a bit I find the fish have a bit more energy.

Nice fish bigworm. They're fun to chase once in a while.

I received an email thru the night from a Shawn Friesner inviting a bunch of guys to go fish thease Dunville Cats , any one know who this is ? .... i don't but who ever he is thank you for the invite and i have no idea where Dunville is ........lol .

I received an email thru the night from a Shawn Friesner inviting a bunch of guys to go fish thease Dunville Cats , any one know who this is ? .... i don't but who ever he is thank you for the invite and i have no idea where Dunville is ........lol .

lol....who cares who he is? as long as he invited you to go fishing that's good enough for me :thumbsup_anim: