Two more guys rescued on Simcoe today.

kickingfrog

Let's wait for the bleeding hearts to chime in and tell us these guys made a simple mistake, nothing more.

You should all be ashamed of yourself's....

I read the article like most or everyone here and have no other info except what I read....plain and simple....

However, MOST here want to be judge and jury and hang some fellow anglers when you know mostly NOTHING what really transpired on that ice except for what some ill-informed reported wrote....hell, their names were not even reported by said bad reporter. That alone shows you how much investigated reporting this NON NAME Reporter did.

I don't know, but MAYBE just maybe they were on the ice to recover one of their ice huts....what if it was your hut....would you be out there to hopefully bring it back to shore ?

We as angler and hunters need to embrace each other and stand by each other as both of these sports are on a continualas attack by the famous tree hugging nutcases.

And as far as charging them $$$ and also charging them for some kind of criminal or whatever is REDICKULAUS IMHO....these same anglers are also being charge HIGH taxes like the rest of us....so now they need government assistance and you're all in favour of them pay even more money now is crazy....

What is next.....let's say you have a 14' tinny and you go out fishing on Simcoe but it's a bit rough....but you intend to stay on the edge of the bay where many walleyes hang out on a breezy day....but today your little outboard fails you and you go a drift into even larger waves and have to be rescued.....should you have to pay for your rescue mission also....What should be the wave limit on a 14' boat, a 16' boat or a 20' boat....should the already over powered government have a say on this also....

Why crack open this can of worms.....it will only come back to HAUNT you in the end....for cry out loud....don't we all PAY too much for too little already from our government officials.....isn't this EXACTLY why we pay them already ? ? ?

Let's just be glad that this wasn't a worse ending and hopefully many have learned by it....of course there will be others that didn't read or hear about this next year....but they are still our fishing brothers, are they not.... :dunno:

Bob

Winner winner chicken dinner!!

:rofl2:

Are we not all entitled to our own opinion?I have mine, but i will keep it to myself for now. You will just have to accept that,like i accept Bobs.

You know Merc....many (not all) are young anglers here that may have not "YET" experience a close call while enjoying their favorite sport....I hope they never do have that close call or a even worse experience....but many of the older guys like myself have been around the block, some a couple of times...and while maybe they didn't personally have a close bad experience they know of someone who did....are all these fellow anglers deserving of the ridicule that these two guys got here on this forum....GOD, I hope not.

So make a mockery of me if that makes you feel better.....but I stand by above post, so mock away if that's the best you have to say.... :)

Well since I 'reported' a very early post (to the mods) on this thread and suggested that this would eventually go south, and judging by the non response, it affirms the common theory of the 'old boys club'. Different rules for different members. Especially if your best fishing buddy is a mod. Heck, the mods themselves even get to sling crap at members without reprise. There are definitely different standards of members here with different rules depending on whose :asshat: you kiss. I find it interesting that those of you who love to take liberties and shots at the 'unworthy' ones, do absolutely nothing to contribute to the community (fishing for Tyler/for a cure). You just take. You give zero.

So let's give that theory a little test now shall we?

I find it interesting that those of you who love to take liberties and shots at the 'unworthy' ones, do absolutely nothing to contribute to the community (fishing for Tyler/for a cure). You just take. You give zero.

Exactly who was that directed at?

Simon. I understand where you and Billy Bob are coming from and that's ok, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

As for not contributing to fundraisers, I think you'll find that the most consistent contributors here are not after a photo op. And that's my opinion.

Simon. I understand where you and Billy Bob are coming from and that's ok, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

As for not contributing to fundraisers, I think you'll find that the most consistent contributors here are not after a photo op. And that's my opinion.

YEP....and maybe it's BEST to close this thread...what do you think Roy...

YEP....and maybe it's BEST to close this thread...what do you think Roy...

Nope,

My point is; there are different rules for different members/mods in terms of how they can make disrespectful comments and get away with it even when their post is 'reported' as offensive.

And I apologize fir going over the top and generalizing Mike. It was not directed at you for sure. But there are certain senior members here who are arrogant towards others and take self righteous liberties.

Edited by pikeslayer