cobourg fish lift date set

Ron

The cobourg fish lift is set for Saturday March 24.this is a great oppotunity to get involved hands on with the fisheries we all get so much enjoyment out of. We will be lifting around 200 rainbow trout over the pratts pond dam. So set your colanders and attend this great event.

Cheers, Ron...

Edited by Ron

The cobourg fish lift is set for Saturday March 24.this is a great oppotunity to get involved hands on with the fisheries we all get so much enjoyment out of. We will be lifting around 200 rainbow trout over the pratts pond dam. So set your colanders and attend this great event.

Cheers, Ron...

Sounds kinda fishy to me ....... lol Thanks Ron

Edited by Skipper " D "

Cheers, Ron...

Pasta and trout, yum.

Only problem is there will be nothing left to lift unless you're helping dropbacks return to the lake. :whistling:

Perhaps you haven't been down our way, you are correct, the fish have moved up stream for quite some time now but the water temps have only just begun to rise. They haven't even started to pair up in the redds just yet. I am certain there will be more than enough bows to lift over the dam. This in fact, is one week earlier than most years. Hope to see you there.

Cheers, Ron...

• 2 weeks later...

200 fish upstream is a good enough number for the rainbow to establish a sustainable population but not too many to create an issue for competition for the native stocks of Brook Trout.

hey Ron whats the future look like now that the atlantics are in that river .. any word on what will happen to the rainbow lift in the future

200 fish upstream is a good enough number for the rainbow to establish a sustainable population but not too many to create an issue for competition for the native stocks of Brook Trout.

Too many will create a proplem for brookie's....... :rofl2: Now thats funny! You guys are lucky there, at least your fish are allowed access ours in the credit are stopped at norval right now...hopefuly not to much longer though.

Rich.

hey Ron whats the future look like now that the atlantics are in that river .. any word on what will happen to the rainbow lift in the future

I dont know that there have been many if any at all in regards to returns. On the credit the atlantic returns ha=ve done nothing in regards to our steelhead lifts.

Rich.

Only 200 of them will be the chosen ones though.

I had no clue that the lift was so meager. I had always assumed otherwise. I don't mean this in a bad way, I'm just a little surprised.

Make sure you pick the wild ones! - no fin clips or worn out dorsal fins... :clapping:

I would love to see the results of a lift of over 1000...

Thanks for the info.

p.-

As far as I am concerned, there should be zero fish lifted over. The Brook Trout fishing has gone down hill drastically since the 80's when the lifts first started happening. As for cohabitation sure that is true, if you only knew the size of the stream ended up as you would understand. At one time we use to be able to catch numerous Brookies in the 14-15 inch range. Lucky if you see one in most pools now as the Rainbow fry, smolts and Par have over run some of them pushing the Brookies out. Competition is fierce for food in what is mostly a shallow stream.