McSquinty wants to put the Senators out of business.

DRIFTER_016

Figures this putz is trying to screw over as many people as possible.

I still can't figure out why the sheeple of Ontario re-elected him. :whistling:

McSquinty is a putz!!!!

McGuinty to NHL's Senators: I'm listening

05/03/2012 5:47:00 PM

TORONTO - Premier Dalton McGuinty says he's willing to listen to organizations like the Ottawa Senators who are worried about Ontario scrapping a key tax break.

The Liberal government has said it wants to end a policy allowing businesses to write off as much as 50 per cent of tickets and luxury suites for sporting events.

But officials with Ottawa's NHL team say that could put the club out of business.

McGuinty says tough economic times mean choices have to be made but his government will listen to groups that could be affected by dropping the tax break.

The writeoff, which also applies to other live performances like theatre and concerts, costs the cash-strapped province about $15 million a year.

Senator's president Cyril Leeder says his team operates in a smaller market than other teams - such as the Toronto Maple Leafs - and it needs the corporate tax deduction to survive.

McGuinty said serious thought is needed to find solutions to the current period of "difficult economic challenge."

"We're listening very closely to organizations that could be affected by that kind of an initiative and we'll work our way through it," he said.

Ontario Finance Minister Dwight Duncan has sent a letter to his federal counterpart, Jim Flaherty, requesting co-operation on a list of proposed changes to the tax system.

I see both the good and bad in this..The good would mean less corporate seats and lower ticket prices for us fans.. The bad would be yes the Send and smaller market teams may suffer.

Not sure why you feel a move like this is screwing over the everyman...

Corporate subsidies like this are what drives the prices up to begin with. :dunno:

Personally, I'm more than happy to see less of my tax dollars going into corporate leisure expense accounts. :whistling:

McStingy doesn't need their money...What with all the interest he will receive when he witholds our provincial tax refunds and doles them out monthly so much at a time...

Finally, an MPP worth assassinating...sarcasm.gif

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1140158--income-tax-changes-eliminate-refunds-for-many-ontario-residents