Thanks Extreme Angler

Gerritt

Got my prize pack in the mail today! Man there is some nice stuff in this Brown Envelope! including and autographed copy of Extreme Angler Annual 2007!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved!

Gerritt.

Hey Karl on a side note do you have Extreme Angler decals I can deck the side of my boat out in? if so please pm me :)

Gerritt.

You beat me to the THANK YOU Gerritt. Thanks from me as well Karl and Extreme Angler !

A nice assortment of new TOYS !

Here's my package from Extreme Angler.

My blog entry says it all. A big thanks to Extreme Angler, Karl, TJ and OFC. :thumbsup_anim:

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

Edited by fishinonthebrain

Ohhhhhh ... you mean I'm gonna get a package in a 'brown wrapper' :angel: Can't wait for that one. Exceptional prize package and never expected all those extra goodies thrown in. Saying THANKS just doesn't seem good enough to Extreme Angle, Karl, TJ, and the others involved in this.

Edited by Rich Clemens

I was wondering if you guys could do me a favour and read my article in there about winter steelhead...being as this was first foray into print media i was looking for some feedback...either positive or negative...and yes i know there was 1 paragraph omitted from the article so if you are reading it and it doesn't make sence thats why.

thanks

Todd Crowley

Hey...I just wanted to say thanks to Extreme Angler, KK, OFC and TJ as well!! The autograph was a nice touch. The only thing that came in a big brown envelope that was better than this prize pack for us was when bly's Canadian permanent resident visa arrived in the mail!!

This is what was missing in my article.

""without feeling any resistance while at the same time allowing you to feel the strike.

In almost all cases when bottom fishing, floating bait is used. The most effective presentation is a roe bag with a couple of pieces of styrofoam tied in it to keep the bait off the bottom.

Hooks

Now this is where you can run into some problems. There are many types and sizes of hooks used to catch fish. With trout you want to use a smaller hook. Anywhere from a number 10 to a number 16 octopus hook depending on water clarity. The cleaner the water the smaller the hook you should use.

Leaders

A leader is a section of line smaller in diameter than the main line. Leaders are used when the water is clean. These can be attached anywhere on your setup with a small swivel. When float fishing, the leader is tied just under the float. Leaders serve 2 purposes. The first would be allowing you to break off on a snag below your float saving you money. The second allows you to change your line diameter in clear water conditions. The most effective leader material would be fluorocarbon. Fluorocarbon and steelhead fishing go hand in hand and is perfect for clear water situations due to its low light reflectivity and strength at small line diameters.

Baits

There are many types of bait that can be used to catch steelhead. Some of which are roe, worms, small crank baits, small marabou jigs, flies and even micro tubes. While I have caught steelies on all these baits, I would have to say that my winter bait of choice would have to be roe.

The most important part of steelhead fishing hands down is matching bait to water conditions. When waters are high and dirty, a very large, very bright presentation is the only way to go. On the other hand"