Who's fishing where for bass opener?

boombap

ill be on the bay of quinte fishing the QUINTE BASS CHAMPS event. then sunday ill be on lake erie doing a hamilton bassmasters club tourney. Largies on saturday, and Smallies on sunday!

My partner and I are tossing a coin between this T or Lake Simcoe Casey Cup.... the Quinte one sounds like alot of fun though and a new format.

My partner and I are tossing a coin between this T or Lake Simcoe Casey Cup.... the Quinte one sounds like alot of fun though and a new format.

Im not much of a tourney guy but Im not sure if I like this format. What about the guys that have limited horsepower ? As usual the guys with bigger faster boats have the advantage. Not to mention all the gas they are going to burn. Lets say your on big fish far away from the weigh in site, do you travel back and forth 6 times a day to weigh in a fish every hour ? Not very environmentaly friendly IMO

Im not much of a tourney guy but Im not sure if I like this format. What about the guys that have limited horsepower ? As usual the guys with bigger faster boats have the advantage. Not to mention all the gas they are going to burn. Lets say your on big fish far away from the weigh in site, do you travel back and forth 6 times a day to weigh in a fish every hour ? Not very environmentaly friendly IMO

Limited Horsepower - do I think there is an advantage with a faster boat - sure. Do you need one to win - no. First T I cashed was in a 40hp Tracker Alum. against 100. 150, and 200 hp and up. Your strategy has to be different. Stay close, figure things out close to home.

I personally like this format because it really forces you to use a different strategy then the fish for 5 big bites. More of a thinking T. Sure you can have good fish far, but is it worth running all that way??? Maybe???

As for burning gas, it is not a cheap sport. You don't have to burn a lot of gas, that's up to you. If you asked me if you need to burn more then $20 in gas to compete in this T, the answer is no.

Thought about it and I am not sure how this T format would be anymore less environment friendly then others.

Give it a shot, I've seen your bass pics you can obviously find'em and gett'em in the boat.

Edited by Harrison

As for burning gas, it is not a cheap sport.

Especially at the $1.50 per Litre they were predicting on the news last night for the coming summer. :wallbash:

Not sure where I'll be for the opener this year. It will be the first opener I've fished in 5 years as we usually are on our fly in trip that week. Looking forward to it though! :Gonefishing:

Myself and my partner are fishing in a bass boat powered by a 75hp motor. We're going to use strategy and our ability to find and catch bass. There will be text messages sent out each hour, notifying anglers of weights for that hour, so u risk running back to make some money, or get nuthin if u get beat. Have to know what u have in ur livewell and gamble when u think u will beat out the other fish thhat hour. Its a fun and different format, and I think its gonna be a blast. Don't need a huge boat or motor or have all the best gear, anyone can cash a check at this event.

Myself and my partner are fishing in a bass boat powered by a 75hp motor. We're going to use strategy and our ability to find and catch bass. There will be text messages sent out each hour, notifying anglers of weights for that hour, so u risk running back to make some money, or get nuthin if u get beat. Have to know what u have in ur livewell and gamble when u think u will beat out the other fish thhat hour. Its a fun and different format, and I think its gonna be a blast. Don't need a huge boat or motor or have all the best gear, anyone can cash a check at this event.

That makes more sense. Instead of gambling the run back to the weigh in at least you know its worth it.

What if you kept your 3 biggest bass and headed to the weigh in with 3 hours left and gamble on weighing in one of the fish each hour.

Now that i think about the format, it gives more people a shot at cashing a cheque. not just the top 5

That makes more sense. Instead of gambling the run back to the weigh in at least you know its worth it.

What if you kept your 3 biggest bass and headed to the weigh in with 3 hours left and gamble on weighing in one of the fish each hour.

Now that i think about the format, it gives more people a shot at cashing a cheque. not just the top 5

well, weights will only be sent out till quarter too each hour i think, so its still a gamble to go in, u may take a 4lber in, and think ur golden, then another boat comes in at say, 10:55 and drops a 5 on the scales, and u drop to second, then next hour weigh in, winner takes it with a 3 lber. lots of things to think about and when to weigh ur fish.

and, ur only allowed 2 fish in the live well at any one time during the event. so, strategy plays a bigger role during the day.

its gonna be fun, i would encourage anyone and everyone to fish it! lots of prizes being handed out as well during the registration period, and 50 bucks off registration fee till may 1st.

Doing the Quinte Bass Champs as well looks like it will be a great event. Close or far were ever you fish you will need a good one and as far as what hr. to weigh in well there will be lots of guys sandbagging so holding off weighing in may not help.

Ya that looks like a interesting tournament, thinking of doing that one too. :Gonefishing: