Pflueger reels

dylan21

Don't own one, but they have been an extremely popular reel for a long time. Known for being a really good "bang for your buck", so to speak. If you search the net for some reviews you will see what I mean. I'd probably own a President or Supreme if I didn't dislike the feel of the handle so much.

President's are an excellent bargain. I've been using mine year round for the past 3 years and it's yet to let to me down. The drag and anti-reverse have been 100% flawless, even in the absolute coldest of conditions. It's seen braid, mono, and even fluoro and handled them all fine.

bps will have the supreme on sale for $30 off plus you can save another $25 if you bring in a reel during their trade-in sale. Check their web site for details and flyer.

BTW I really like my supreme that I picked up last year but, I also have a stradic that is 20 years old that works just as well as the day I bought it.

Edited by kickingfrog

I like the 3 I have.... for the money I don't think they can be beat. If you put them up against any other manufacturers reel at the same price, you won't go wrong with the President. Two of mine are 6yrs old I used to steelhead 4 times a week with them all winter long for two years using one to bottom fish and one to float.

I like that they are tough as nails and cheap enough you don't have to baby them.

Edited by Canuck2fan