A few photos from today

DRIFTER_016

Got out to the lake and drilled a few holes today.

First spot I had 2 hits, which I missed. :wallbash:

It was a scenic spot though.

P2180038.jpg

P2180039.jpg

P2180037.jpg

Stuck around for about an hour and a half and moved to the West side of the lake.

I wanted to get into the sun and warm up a bit. ;)

Fished the same lure that I had the 2 hits on earlier with not even a sniff and no fish on the flasher. Changed up to a white tube and promptly hit 3 fish landing 2 and losing the third just below the ice. Took a pic of the bigger one a fat 26"+ fish. :D

P2180040.jpg

The bite died nad I hit one more spot with no luck before heading home.

Took a different route to see the temporary military base the Army has set up on the edge of town. There are 1,500 of them in town doing a little winter arctic training. I figured I best go have a peek before htey head out in a few weeks. Seems most are out on the land training (there have been some paratrooper jups too). They sure have a bunch of stuff. :P

There was a pretty big incident earier this week when one of their helos hit a main power wire putting the city into darkness. Luckily none of the 3 on board the helo was injured and they managed to land safely at the airport. Unfortunately there was an injury at the airport due to the reduced lighting. One of the rampys was hit by the prop of a Dash8 and is in hospital in critical con. in Edmonton. :(

Operation Arctic Ram main base. :good::good:

P2180043.jpg

P2180042.jpg

P2180041.jpg

Great Pics Dave :thumbsup_anim: Not sure what camera you shot those with, but looks like someone had painted it on canvass B)

Looks like the temps are in the double digit up your way looking at the laker :w00t:

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

Camera is an Olympus Stylus 1050SW.

Temps weren't too bad today. -15C with 15kmh winds.

When I moved into the sun it was quite warm in the hut with the door wide open. B)