Online Surveillance

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

wouldnt it be easier for them to monitor the sites in question with that kind of activity and pull ip addys of those that visit them...pay them a visit...think about it ....where does the line get drawn in the sand....for everyone that watches UFC or movie streams ...to me this sounds like a foot in the door for SOPA....

If the FCC can monitor the content over the television and radio....then im sure something can be done to monitor the internet without invading peoples rights...

Sorry ladies ... I really don't understand your gripe - other than the old big brother is watching me crap ... the bad guys have been monitoring you since the inception of the internet (and before if you had anything valuable to steal)... now the govt wants make it legal for them to do the same... to maybe catch some of the bad guys in the act.

If you really think ANYTHING you do on the internet is private you are living in dreamland ... as I always tell people ... dont write ANYTHING you wouldn't put on a postcard ... because many people can and do read EVERYTHING... and there is little you can do to change that (legal or not).

Well boys there is only one thing you can do then.......

Move down here and join our REDNECK society where we are heads and tails ahead of this crappola.........But only beer drinking, tabacky chewing, gun slinging, pick up truck driving applicants need apply..... :whistling:

BTW...Toyota Tundra owner applicants are put on the top of the pile.... :thumbsup_anim:

I totally get how most people would shrug this off because "i have nothing to hide". so long as it's not directly inconveniencing you, then who cares, right?

I'm all for getting rid of the 'bad guys', but the bottom line of this specific government initiative - in its current form - is that it's a direct infringement of our rights, and so long as we shrug these things off because we don't think they directly impact us law-abiding citizens, it paves the way for our civil liberties to be further undermined. Just my opinion, and I'm no expert on this by any means. But if you are interested in the perspective of real experts on this issue, check out this mini documentary...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xyHnOCDewuQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>