Any Opinions On Toyota Highlander Hybrid Vehicles?

solopaddler

If Andrew can get me into an '07 with less than 60K for under $12,000 I'm all ears.

'Cause that's what I'm looking at right now. :D

are those realistic numbers? what did they say about a deal that looks too good it might be a sign to pass on it. I may be out of the loop on resale $ but that just sounds way off to me...

This is from a dealer or private? Do you know the owner if private? If it's a dealer at that cost I would run from it. Just my $.02

BTW stay away from the Liberty, just saw a terrible write up recently from owners reports through the Star.

are those realistic numbers? what did they say about a deal that looks too good it might be a sign to pass on it. I may be out of the loop on resale $ but that just sounds way off to me...

This is from a dealer or private? Do you know the owner if private? If it's a dealer at that cost I would run from it. Just my $.02

BTW stay away from the Liberty, just saw a terrible write up recently from owners reports through the Star.

One of my strengths is finding deals, I have a knack for it what can I say?

It's an estate sale. Talked to the son a couple days ago and am quite comfortable that everything is on the up and up. It's an '07 Highlander Hybrid with 56K on the odometer. He faxed me copies of all the pertinent paperwork including the vehicles history a couple days ago and everything looks good.

I can also have the vehicle checked by a local mechanic of my choice.

There is however a slight catch, it's located in Edmonton LOL!

That said I've already looked into one way flights and can get one for $240 tax in.

He said he'd pick me up at the airport as well.

I'd have to drive the vehicle home, however that's not all that bad.

I foresee a possible pitstop at Lake Winnipeg and Lac Seul enroute home for some ice fishing. :)

I love doing stuff like this, it's kind of an adventure.

Just have to make a quick decision and get a bit of time off work which may not be that easy.

One of my strengths is finding deals, I have a knack for it what can I say?

It's an estate sale. Talked to the son a couple days ago and am quite comfortable that everything is on the up and up. It's an '07 Highlander Hybrid with 56K on the odometer. He faxed me copies of all the pertinent paperwork including the vehicles history a couple days ago and everything looks good.

I can also have the vehicle checked by a local mechanic of my choice.

There is however a slight catch, it's located in Edmonton LOL!

That said I've already looked into one way flights and can get one for $240 tax in.

He said he'd pick me up at the airport as well.

I'd have to drive the vehicle home, however that's not all that bad.

I foresee a possible pitstop at Lake Winnipeg and Lac Seul enroute home for some ice fishing. :)

I love doing stuff like this, it's kind of an adventure.

Just have to make a quick decision and get a bit of time off work which may not be that easy.

Before you head East, head North for a 12 hour drive and come ice fish with me Mike. :lol:

I have to agree here, that year vehicle with that miliage should be selling anywere from $25k to 28k. Why anyone estate sale or not would take that kind of "bath" on it baffles my brain.

You would get more pushing it into the dealer on trade than $12k...

I just can't believe anybody would start at 12k on a vehicle thats worth easily double that on the market unless there is a problem somewere, especially on a Toyota that has a strong resale value and reputation.

I looked into one of these and the reviews on them are horrible. There is a reason they partnered with Mercedes to make a diesel engine to go in the Cherokee.

Nothing wrong with the VM Motori engine. It does have EGR clogging issues (almost all diesels do) along with some MAP issues as well (again, not uncommon in the diesel world)

batterys are designed to last 10 years or better in the hybrids, it's running them down and not charging them that shortens there service life, now what i remember most from my hybrid training is "don't screw with the orange wire"

one of our shop vehicles was a 2007 lexus 400h, sorry can't really say anthing great about it it was well made and comfy but driving it felt weird, i suggest you drive one for a day, everytime i backed up i though for sure i was gonna hit something, confindence issue for sure but with a vehicle going in reverse with no engine running then kicking in is unerving to me just couldn't get used to it, but its sounds like a great deal go for it if you like it

Hey Mike

Its a little light on the towing cxapacity if that is a concern for you.

I was at the dealer 2 weeks ago and noticed it didnt have the same towig capacity as my FJ.

And I feel for you with everything going wrong, no idea why things do that all at once but they do it and it can suck!

Darren