SuperBowl

jedimaster

not a big fan but did watch a bit. That guy Weller? Welker cost the Pats the game with that dropped pass with a few minutes to go

Nope. He is arguably the best receiver in the league bar none. He had more catches for more yards than any receiver this year. He was one of the biggest reasons they made it that far. Pass was a bit behind him but he is so athletic despite being way undersized that he makes a difficult catch look very catchable. IF he catches the ball it makes for a shorter hail mary to win, that is all. Trust me he did not cost them the game. I watch way too much football.

Edited by Cudz

I bet there are a few recievers on the block from new england. Some serious drops. Giants front 4 played pretty solid. They are the MVP of this game.

Are you kidding me?

Ok there were some drops but the 2 you are talking about are Welker's and Hernandez. Wes welker is arguably the number one receiver in the NFL. If he was put on waivers EVERY team in the league would be lined up to pay him whatever he wanted. Hernandez- Second year player and possibly the 3rd best tight end in the NFL behind Gronkowski, his teammate and maybe Gonzales. I rank him above gates. Same scenario for him if he was ever released. Not going to happen.

It was an average game until the 4th quarter then it got good. NY outplayed NE.

MVP or MVplay was manningham's catch. Outstanding.

Loved the giants win!! Nuthin better then seeing pretty boy, justin bieber wannabe, tom brady get the loss!! But, that was not a great game by the giants defense. They were kinda weak on pass coverage throughout the game, and the front 4, were solid, and made some good plays, but were not the MVP's, for them, they were really a non factor for most of the game.

Are you kidding me?

Ok there were some drops but the 2 you are talking about are Welker's and Hernandez. Wes welker is arguably the number one receiver in the NFL. If he was put on waivers EVERY team in the league would be lined up to pay him whatever he wanted. Hernandez- Second year player and possibly the 3rd best tight end in the NFL behind Gronkowski, his teammate and maybe Gonzales. I rank him above gates. Same scenario for him if he was ever released. Not going to happen.

It was an average game until the 4th quarter then it got good. NY outplayed NE.

MVP or MVplay was manningham's catch. Outstanding.

And that catch relieved NE one of their time outs. Nonetheless fantastic catch. I called it weeks ago in the other thread. NE was going down.

Nope. He is arguably the best receiver in the league bar none. He had more catches for more yards than any receiver this year. He was one of the biggest reasons they made it that far. Pass was a bit behind him but he is so athletic despite being way undersized that he makes a difficult catch look very catchable. IF he catches the ball it makes for a shorter hail mary to win, that is all. Trust me he did not cost them the game

to me it did look quite catchable and I guess the broadcaster felt so too. I believe his quote was "He catches that 100 out of 100 times". Because I have no clue who Welker is, I'm basing my opinion on that one specific moment. If he catches that ball it has a huge influence on the game. The drive continues, and either they chew up a whole bunch more time or they get a td themself. Great for Welker for being the reason they got to the superbowl, but that miss was the turning point in my opinion.

Nope. He is arguably the best receiver in the league bar none. He had more catches for more yards than any receiver this year. He was one of the biggest reasons they made it that far. Pass was a bit behind him but he is so athletic despite being way undersized that he makes a difficult catch look very catchable. IF he catches the ball it makes for a shorter hail mary to win, that is all. Trust me he did not cost them the game. I watch way too much football.

The pass everyone here is referring to that Welker didn't make was NOT at the very end of the game but rather on their drive while the Pats were leading 17-15 and just over 4 minutes to play....that could of killed the clock for the Pats as the Giants only had 1 time out remaining. And it was no easy catch for any receiver but one you hope he does make....Did it cost the Pats the game....MANY think it probably did, include Wes Welker himself......take a good look here......

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=lc-carpenter_wes_welker_drop_patriots_super_bowl_020512&active_dimension=carousel_coke_today&ysp_frm_woah=1

Bottom line when it came down to the 4th quarter and pressure was finally being applied to Brady, he quickly became a average QB and not the SUPER QB he normally is when he has all day in the pocket....does anyone here remember the first Bills vs Pats game in the begining of the season when Buffalo had everyone playing (Merriman)and could put a lot of pressure on Brady....he had 4 interceptions that day and that proved to be the reason they lost to the Buffalo Bills that day.

Cudz...you may watch way too much football, but not nearly as much as this Redneck.... :D

Bob

That broadcaster is Cris Collinsworth. He has nothing good to say about anybody.

I was pulling for the Giants because I believe the NFC is far superior.

Brady had to throw that ball a bit behind him because if he led Welker up the field he would have been destroyed.

I really enjoyed the whole game. That Manningham catch was unbelievable. The one Cruz catch wear he jumped like 4 feet off the ground to grab the ball was awesome too.

Clearly that one dropped pass was the turning point in the game. If that catch is made they burn the clock down. It was catchable. and when you drop a catchable pass in the superbowl with the clock winding down its hard to have that go un noticied. It was a good pass, and a good play. It was in his hands. He wasn't even entirely presured on the pass either. It will go down as the play that gave it away. Never mind the 50 yard miracle on the sidelines. It was that 25 yard dropped pass that will stand out to me that determined the game. He had three guys around hime but none were even looking at him. he was in a pretty big pocket. I thin kbrady threw it a bit behind him, but that catch has to get made. That play was going for him from the snap. Brady didn't even fake or look anywhere accept at welker.

I am not saying he is bad, but that was a bad bad miss.

It will go down as the play that gave it away. Never mind the 50 yard miracle on the sidelines. It was that 25 yard dropped pass that will stand out to me that determined the game.

It was a play that "could" of made the difference in the game....but to say never mind the 50 yard miracle [pass] on the sidelines is silly to me....that CATCH did make the difference in the game....that CATCH was spectacular not only by the receiver (Mario Manningham) who made the catch but by Eli Manning that made the throw....it's plays like that, that stand out and EVERYONE remembers....

Wes Welker is a outstanding receiver for the Pats but I don't know if he can be consider a "ELITE RECEIVER" in the NFL....even "IF" he made that catch, it doesn't mean the Pats win the game....other things could of happened...like a forced fumble or another interception of a Brady pass...so to dwell on a "could of" instead of what "DID" happen doesn't do it for me....I have played, coached and watched this game far too long to count on something when there is over 4 minutes in the game to be played. Even 4 seconds left to play can hurt you badly in the NFL.

Bob

That cath puts them on the 25 yard line or some wasn't it? 3 runs runs the clock down to likely the 2 minute warning plus a field goal. Sure nothing is certain but to give the ball back to the giants needing a touchdown to win, or a field goal to win is a completly different story. Yes they got the touch down in the end but its a completly different game if that catch is made. A sure thing? No.

That cath puts them on the 25 yard line or some wasn't it? 3 runs runs the clock down to likely the 2 minute warning plus a field goal. Sure nothing is certain but to give the ball back to the giants needing a touchdown to win, or a field goal to win is a completly different story. Yes they got the touch down in the end but its a completly different game if that catch is made. A sure thing? No.

If I remember correctly it was actually closer to the 20 yard line....but a play here or there also could have made the difference in just about any game....but "most" games are remembered for the PLAYS that WERE made and not the ones that were not......except for Super Bowl XXV when Scott Norwood missed a 47 yard field goal as time ran out that lost the game for the Buffalo Bills back in January '91....but if you remember correctly no fans blamed Scott Norwood directly for losing that game either....as the Bills could of made a play here or there that "could of" made a difference in the game....at the HUGE pep rally in Buffalo when the Bills returned home THOUSANDS of Bills Fans cheered on for Scott Norwood when he finally took the stage and said a few words to the crowd....

But as Tom Brady said yesterday "I would much rather lose this game then not play this game all together".....The 1990 - 1991 - 1992 and 1993 Buffalo Bills will always live in my heart as one of the GREATEST teams ever (the only NFL team to go to 4 Super Bowl Games in a row)....I don't blame Norwood for the lose....but I do wish he made that difficult kick... :)

It was a play that "could" of made the difference in the game....but to say never mind the 50 yard miracle [pass] on the sidelines is silly to me....that CATCH did make the difference in the game....that CATCH was spectacular not only by the receiver (Mario Manningham) who made the catch but by Eli Manning that made the throw....it's plays like that, that stand out and EVERYONE remembers....

Wes Welker is a outstanding receiver for the Pats but I don't know if he can be consider a "ELITE RECEIVER" in the NFL....even "IF" he made that catch, it doesn't mean the Pats win the game....other things could of happened...like a forced fumble or another interception of a Brady pass...so to dwell on a "could of" instead of what "DID" happen doesn't do it for me....I have played, coached and watched this game far too long to count on something when there is over 4 minutes in the game to be played. Even 4 seconds left to play can hurt you badly in the NFL.

Bob

You are kidding right? Welker is probably the best slot receiver at the moment. Number 2 overall for yards and number 1 for catches and number 1 for yards after a catche What exactly is your definition of receiver?? I think I study football pretty well. You need to get some facts straight.

RK PLAYER TEAM REC TAR YDS AVG TD LONG 20+ YDS/G FUM YAC 1DN

1 Calvin Johnson, WR DET 96 158 1,681 17.5 16 73 32 105.1 1 524 77

2 Wes Welker, WR NE 122 172 1,569 12.9 9 99 21 98.1 0 732 77

3 Victor Cruz, WR NYG 82 131 1,536 18.7 9 99 25 96.0 1 595 59

4 Larry Fitzgerald, WR ARI 80 153 1,411 17.6 8 73 25 88.2 0 493 61

5 Steve Smith, WR CAR 79 129 1,394 17.6 7 77 29 87.1 3 474 53

6 Rob Gronkowski, TE NE 90 124 1,327 14.7 17 52 22 82.9 0 656 69

You are kidding right? Welker is probably the best slot receiver at the moment. Number 2 overall for yards and number 1 for catches and number 1 for yards after a catche What exactly is your definition of receiver?? I think I study football pretty well. You need to get some facts straight.

RK PLAYER TEAM REC TAR YDS AVG TD LONG 20+ YDS/G FUM YAC 1DN

1 Calvin Johnson, WR DET 96 158 1,681 17.5 16 73 32 105.1 1 524 77

2 Wes Welker, WR NE 122 172 1,569 12.9 9 99 21 98.1 0 732 77

3 Victor Cruz, WR NYG 82 131 1,536 18.7 9 99 25 96.0 1 595 59

4 Larry Fitzgerald, WR ARI 80 153 1,411 17.6 8 73 25 88.2 0 493 61

5 Steve Smith, WR CAR 79 129 1,394 17.6 7 77 29 87.1 3 474 53

6 Rob Gronkowski, TE NE 90 124 1,327 14.7 17 52 22 82.9 0 656 69

I said he's a outstanding receiver not a ELITE receiver....ELITE RECEIVERS are NOT slot receivers....in today's NFL game a ELITE receiver is mostly a large 6'2" or taller receiver that can not only stretch the field but go up in the air OVER a smaller D-Back and make a catch most other receivers cannot make....Elite receivers are Wide Outs that draw double coverage. Wes Walker never draws double coverage from any team like a ELITE Receiver does game in and game out....not don't take me wrong....he's a top NFL receiver but not a ELITE Receiver.....don't believe me take a look how he is rated by experts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82036e05/article/grab-bag-games-best-wrs-ride-firstround-pedigree

We'll soon see how good the rest of the NFL ranks Welker as he's a free agent and should draw some nice offers....but not a ELITE Receiver offer if I might guess.

Bob

We'll soon see how good the rest of the NFL ranks Welker as he's a free agent and should draw some nice offers....but not a ELITE Receiver offer if I might guess.

If he made that catch you bet his dollar value goes up significantly.... just saying...