Leviathan Chronicles

DRIFTER_016

Been stuck in the house the past couple of weekends due to a nasty flu bug, but finally got out on the ice again today. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Headed out to my favourite pikin' hole at first light this morn and reached my spot a little after sunrise. It was perfect!!! Not a soul around, zero wind, sunshine and a tropical -3C!!

A far cry from the cold air that was around for the last couple of weeks (good thing I was sick) :whistling:

Got set up and had a dead stick with a quick strike rig and either a large Peamouth or a Cisco. And had my first fish before the bait got to the bottom!!! :clapping:

Released a small pike, reset and went to my hut to jig. Over the first hour or so I managed about 10 fish with the majority being wee babies under 24". Not good. You don't generally get the big girls when the little guys are around.

Had a decent fish on the dead stick that was about 36". Things are looking up.

A little later I iced one that reached 41". That's more like it.

Then it died off. No bigun's, no babies, nuthin'. About an hour passed before I started catching babies again. :rolleyes:

About an hour before I decided to leave I got another hit on the dead stick, on my last big bait. Run over, set hook and do battle with my PB ice pike!!! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

A super fat 44 incher!!! :clapping::clapping:

Now on to the pics. ;)

My first 40+ of the day.

D3.jpg

And my second big fatty AKA Pikasaurus Rex!!! :lol:

D1.jpg

D2.jpg

It sucks trying to get a decent pic when you're alone. B)

Back at 'er in the morn. Hitting a different lake in the hopes of icing a big laker. :)