ICE FISHING REPORT

DMASSE

HELLO

Well its been awhile since I posted a fishing report here on OFC, especially with a new personal best.

Yesterday Wed acouple of buddies of mine and myself decided to fish LADY SIMCOE for some hot perch action. We arrived in the early morning and set up the portables in 10-13ft of water right next to the ice road, if you know the ice road you will know where I am talking about :whistling: Right away we were on fish, 10-12 in jumbos, small 5-8 inch fish, they would show up in 10-12 minute waves, like clock work they circles the huts.

The marcum underwater camera was a great asset, and most fish were caught on a slab grabbers or rapala jigging minnow ( perch)

When the day started to end and the night showed up is when I caught a great number of 12 + inch fish We switched to MOONGLOW MINNOWS and that is when we landed 12.6, 12.8, 13.1, 13.1, 13.4 and finally ended with a whopping 15.6 inch perch, my personal record.

Here are some pictures of the fish with some smaller one mixed in to show the size of the fish

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

Thanks for looking

Dave

Edited by DMASSE