TV Fishing Show Survey

craigdritchie

Terrific. I spend 25 years writing for fishing magazines across North America, I write a fishing book, I win a bunch of awards for my work, I set two IGFA line class records, I appear on several nationally-syndicated fishing programs .... and I'm remembered as the guy who took a header off the bank and nearly drowned a $6,000 wireless microphone.

LMAO!!!!!!

Yes, the fame and glory of life as an outdoor writer! Or is it "outhouse writer?" I can never really tell.

As long as they spell your name correctly. :thumbsup_anim:

Terrific. I spend 25 years writing for fishing magazines across North America, I write a fishing book, I win a bunch of awards for my work, I set two IGFA line class records, I appear on several nationally-syndicated fishing programs .... and I'm remembered as the guy who took a header off the bank and nearly drowned a $6,000 wireless microphone.

LMAO!!!!!!

Yes, the fame and glory of life as an outdoor writer! Or is it "outhouse writer?" I can never really tell.

LOL, that's the fishing world for ya! Great response.

Craig, done my friend, having worked on shows too I wonder if you had an easy time answering as I did on some of those questions.

I am not assuming a new show is on the horizon, but tough to imagine someone coming out with a new show nowadays. I would think the internet/web based would be where to look for the future moving forward and a solid (ground level)investment for potential "sponsors".

For example the Surely episodes, I really enjoy them and believe they are on to something.

Check out this internet based show that a couple of guys from out in MB are doing, some pretty cool stuff.Uncut Angling

Or is it "outhouse writer?" I can never really tell.

I bought a cottage last year and part of the furnishings in the place was a stack of OOD magazines that date back to the seventies. Some are proudly stored in the detached bathroom where people sit and reads words you wrote decades ago. Some are in the indoor washroom as well.

LMAO!!!!!!

Don't feel bad, Craig. Those are all great accomplishments. Making someone laugh is never a bad thing. Plus, that is one of my favorite fishing show episodes of all time. Think Bob pretty much p'd himself!

LMAO!!!!!!

does anyone have an internet link to this episode ? sounds like it would be fun to watch !!

Done Craig.

Agree with Kickingfrog's first post. Happen to "like" a number of shows... don't really have to watch any though. Would enjoy seeing Hooked With Mark Krupa air again, but the host be me or just someone from planet earth instead. He's a weird dude... but I guess he made it work though. Great watching fishing shows in HD from amazing places.

As much as it'd be nice to spend a day in a boat with Mariko, I don't think we'd get much fishing done! ;):lol:

Survey complete.

Glad i'm not the only one with mind in the gutter!

Done:) Would be interested in seeing the results as well. Though I think I could prob guess a few;)

Yes would be interested in these results myself.

Dave mercer facebooking a link to your survey now as well that should help you a lil. :whistling:

Edited by 206

He wants to skew the results in his favour, businesses do it all the time. Fishing shows are still businesses hungry for advertising dollars.

I know what he's trying to do and you're correct to say the results will be skewed. I guess the client will learn how competitive the Ontario fishing show industry is and what people will do to get an edge on their peers.