Good news on the cancer front?

blaque

Coming from a cancer fund raising family that started with my mom back in 1969 to raise funds in our area of Ontario , she and her lady friends felt they could help beat it by doing so , This to me is the best peice of news to come out of so manys efforts in over fourty years .

Coming from a cancer fund raising family that started with my mom back in 1969 to raise funds in our area of Ontario , she and her lady friends felt they could help beat it by doing so , This to me is the best peice of news to come out of so manys efforts in over fourty years .

Kudos to your family and their efforts Skipper. Lets hope this bit of news has the potential they think it may have

Thanks Blaque!

Even your link seems low key! You would think this would be front page for sure! What is everyone afraid of...that research funding might be redirected away from their own work?

Sad, but this industry of "searching for a cure" employs a lot of people. What would they do if a cure was found?

I think it's low key because it's a phase one clinical trial...

"Phase I trials: These first studies in people evaluate how a new drug should be given (by mouth, injected into the blood, or injected into the muscle), how often, and what dose is safe. A phase I trial usually enrolls only a small number of patients, sometimes as few as a dozen"

It's not measured on it's ability to cure the disease...it's basically to see if it's even safe for humans. One a drug or treatment hits phase three, people get a little more excited about it as it's been shown to be safe in humans and has shown that it can do what it's been designed to do...and has a much bigger sample set of data.

Regardless of that, I hope that it's something that can help save lives one day!

Google doesn't bring much either. I sent the link to a medical reporter I know, for some info.

If this does pan out, this will obviously be a major step forward in the fight against cancer and hopefully lead to prophylactic treatment for people who are genetically predisposed.

Thank you for posting this Blaque. I've just read this and have already contacted them about the trial. I'm hoping it might be something my 62 year old mother may be a candidate for. She had a Kidney removed 3½" years ago, and just in the last 4 weeks have found half a dozen new tumours in her body, with the most concerning ones being in her lungs. It's a rare soft tissue sarcoma which apparently is not responsive to Chemo. We have a consult with a Thoracic Surgeon on Monday to see what his take on prognosis and direction is.

Really appreciate you pointing this out, as ANY opportunity to look at a direction is worth while.

Call me Debbie Downer if you want, but I remain pretty skeptical that a cure for cancer will be found...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vbLwAaYWGXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Springbok you ready for this , there are cures for cancer around and have been for some time , any one remember the 90 year old lady with a cure for it here in centrel Ont . I know of a few people who claim she cured them completly , needless to say the powers that be went to work to quiet this person up and she is no more . Theres alot more to this story but i wont tell it here on the board other then to say , the people with this vacine were not always the only ones with the ingredints .

Springbok you ready for this , there are cures for cancer around and have been for some time , any one remember the 90 year old lady with a cure for it here in centrel Ont . I know of a few people who claim she cured them completly , needless to say the powers that be went to work to quiet this person up and she is no more . Theres alot more to this story but i wont tell it here on the board other then to say , the people with this vacine were not always the only ones with the ingredints .

Ya sorry Skip should have worded that better. I know cures for cancer already exist... They are just suppressed. The Documentary i posted is proof of this. There is a bunch of good documentaries out there on this topic. Cut Poison Burn is the most recent one I have watched.