Labeling your spools

PatrickGG

Sup everyone! i got a issue which maybe some of your ideas would help me out, over

the years i managed to buy a few opened face reels which came with a additional spool and now

looking at some of my spools i am tring to figure out what line i spooled on them, i notice some

people label there spools and i just don't like the thought of sticking labels on my spools so

whats sort of system do you guys use??

I post all my spool's line weight and capacity on my own private web site, which I can access through my "Crackberry" virtually anywhere in southern Ontario. When I need to change up, I consult the all knowing "crack" and pick accordingly from my selection within my dedicated spool box!

Ok, now really, I don't have a system. If I'm not sure, I just re-spool!

HH

I post all my spool's line weight and capacity on my own private web site, which I can access through my "Crackberry" virtually anywhere in southern Ontario. When I need to change up, I consult the all knowing "crack" and pick accordingly from my selection within my dedicated spool box!

Ok, now really, I don't have a system. If I'm not sure, I just re-spool!

HH

Funny! i thought at one point you was gonna mention bringing a lap top with you when you go fishing just to make sure you are going in the right direction.

if you're having a hard time trying to remember what line's on the spool, that means you have way too many spools/reels ... to solve that problem, send it over to my house and i'll remember them for you... PM me for my address ;)

for spinning reels maybe you can stick a label on the inside of the spool (if the appearance is what makes you reject the idea of sticking labels)