Fishing license 1 year or 3 year

Bob Devine

This question has probably been answered somewhere in here, but i cant find the answer.

As an out of province angler(im in Quebec) with an outdoors card and yearly sports licence for Ontario, can my wife fish with me, under the same license, and share a quota?

This question has probably been answered somewhere in here, but i cant find the answer.

As an out of province angler(im in Quebec) with an outdoors card and yearly sports licence for Ontario, can my wife fish with me, under the same license, and share a quota?

Simple answer: No.

Just got my 3 year in the mail today and as Terry says, what a relief I won't have do deal with any incompetence for another 3 years.

Can't understand why they still have the same outdoors card picture, that Smallie we've had forever now. Would be nice to get a new pic on it :whistling:;)

Just got my 3 year in the mail today and as Terry says, what a relief I won't have do deal with any incompetence for another 3 years.

Can't understand why they still have the same outdoors card picture, that Smallie we've had forever now. Would be nice to get a new pic on it :whistling:;)

Like a carp pulled though an ice hole? :whistling:

i used to buy them 1 year at a time but going forward i think i'll do 3 years. this year my card expires (and if i am not mistaken they are good for 3 years) so I get a 3 year card and 3 year license.

Just curious what most do when buying their fishing license. Do you buy a 1yr or 3 yr and why? I buy a 1 yr license because we don't get a discount and why give the government extra money. Like most I frequent numerous shops to pick up a license at my convenience.

Last renewal I bought a 3 year for my wife and myself, that way I beat the HST ! That was the only reason, figured it was the easiest and only legal way to cheat the government out of some tax money...even if only for a few bucks. :tease:

Do you guys cheat on your taxes as well?

Some information for you - license money is the only funds in the MNR budget that goes directly to fund Ontario Sportfishing Enforcement and protection. So, it's not extra money, or cheating them from money, it is taking away from the resource we all love and cherish. I always buy a sport fishing license and always have, since I turned 18 and needed to buy a license. I always try to buy 3 years at a time, just to avoid the hassle of renewing. Since I now fish with a BASS club and have done a couple of tourneys over the past couple of years I have needed the sport license, but before that time, a conservation license would have sufficed. I bought the more expensive license because I have always known that money goes directly back to fishing, unlike some other fees that the government charges.

I dislike the conservation license aspect of Ontario legislation. It makes no sense, there is no less work that has to be done depending on how many fish you want to keep.

I encourage those that can choose betwen a conservation license and sport license to buy the latter - the money goes directly back into our passion.