what do you use to store tackle

skinny

Ok so I have mainly a plano softside with 43 or 4 trays in it. then I have a soft bait bag and a specialmates box of lures. I recently bought a bunch of lures from an ad on Kijji and have put them into the mates box. but to do so ment I had to remove the spinnerbaits and buzzbaits I had in it (they didn't fit well).

so right now I have a pile of spinner and buzz baits all over my bench.

I need to figure out a simple way to house them as I already have my hands full loading up all I have now.

so looking for ideas

I used the little plastic boxes for a bit but found them to be a pain to carry around too

I use the paper cd covers with the plastic window.Easy to store and you can see whats in them.

I do the same, and mine are right in a cd holder from wal-mart I got for like $4. Zipper it up, it's compact, light and very convenient

downside, it doesnt hold more that about 12 spinner baits

Edited by manitoubass2

Storage becomes somewhat more of a problem when the baits are larger than bass sized lures.

I use Tupperware type boxes and just lay the baits on top of each other and sort them out as needed. I normally only carry what I need so the tangles aren't usually too bad.

001-1-1.jpg

I've went through 3 spinnerbaits in an outing just from smallies crushing them and ripping blades off so I started using terminators and then muskies started stealin them.. so I always carry close to 10 spinnerbaits haha I use a small spinner box for storage at home and a cd case on the go

I just use regular plano tackle trays. I use a sharp sturdy knife to cut small notches in the upright plastic on a couple of compartments and lay the spinnerbaits in with the blades in one compartment and the skirt and hook in the other. The wire sits nice in the notch.

I purchased some Plano 3503 Spinnerbait boxes for my spinnerbaits and buzzbaits:

0350303a.jpg

Never liked them much since they were too large IMO and didn't fit well with my other storage boxes.

I switched over to a Falcon FTO spinnerbait wallet, it's much more compact:

falcon_spiner_gr.jpg

Those Plano FTO boxes look good too. Looks like Plano bought Falcon.