shining tree area fishing,

lplp

We are looking at shining tree area for our annual fishing trip this year, looks like a nice area and did a satelite of lake and stuff, any body been there and fished the area, we are looking at the resort that boat in only , any thoughts on this place or any other places there that you guys have stayed at.. thanks

I have fished the area, never a boat in only camp

I have always enjoyed fishing the area

for the most part I fished the back lakes..some camps like http://www.baywolfcamp.net/ have boats at back lakes where the fishing is pretty good

good people good price

I have not gone there in a few year because I have been doing fly-ins

Usually most of the lakes up there are ice free by first week of May. If the Spring is late and cold, often the fish just coming off the spawn are pretty lithargic and you may really have to work for them. Make sure you take your woolies. That area can still be darn cold at that time of year.

I sure agree about the weather up there for sure,I fished in my shorts one year and snowmobile suit the next.Ive been going to that area for years and just love it.

Chuck white double-tail mister twister tails at the beaver dams and you will catch smallies and snot rockets till your arms fall off :thumbsup_anim:

We are looking at shining tree area for our annual fishing trip this year, looks like a nice area and did a satelite of lake and stuff, any body been there and fished the area, we are looking at the resort that boat in only , any thoughts on this place or any other places there that you guys have stayed at.. thanks

I fished a few lakes south of Shining Tree and did very well with Specks in Pat Lake, but that was in 1968.

I would think ice would be off by then,,after all it is walleye opener weekend ,a couple of years ago we went to timmins -foyletet and we got snow big time,froze the whole week ,another time we left here burlington in shorts and stopped in new liskeard in a blizzard ,everyone looking at us like idiots.Just try and beat the black flies ,only time they were bad for us was at the french river,we are going may 26 for the week and booked already ,this is the earliest we have gone in the past few years ,trying to get everyones schedule together.I was suprised to get a booking that week ,usually we have booked by july for the next summer ,but got away on us this year and i thought we werent getting a group going next time ,but winter sets in and panic for next year starts and the interest gets going again,so we got it together this past week from the time i posted this to the other day,8 guys going ,one year we had 17 .Renting one boat so we will have access to back lakes ,looking forward to the spring now after having no snow to plow this year .. oh well it is coming this weekend.thanks for the suggestions and will post pics in june.. http://www.duenorth.net/shiningtreecamp

Edited by lplp

I love the area, been going there for the past 6 years, after spending 30 years on the Pickerel River & French River. I found fishing the French to be slow or am I just an amateur, not hitting the right spots? Shining Tree & Gogama have numerous lakes to wet a line & I usualy end up with a meal or 2. Not hogs like Quinte or Lake Erie, but, nice eaters.

• 1 month later...