Rainbow Ice Report

Jet

Really appreciate all the kind words guys. I don't get out as much as I did back in Ontario, so it's really nice to have such a great community to share it with when I do. Like I've said before, my door is always open to any OFNer that finds themselves out this way.

Just watched the video, again, hooked the Playbook up to the tv. Even more awesome than the first time!!

Thanks Frankie! I shot it on my Panasonic TS2. If anyone is looking for a top-line HD fishing-proof camera, I can attest that it is great. The TS3 even better!

SWEET!

The last few days I've been watching the old vids we took before you moved (actually mostly the ones you took.LOL)...Definitely getting pumped for the hardwater season...I got me some new toys to try out this season :D

I was watching those vids too which made me go exclusively for the big ones even if it meant a skunk. Looking forward to your Laker reports this season.

Jet,

easy , i've been on the ice since early december too just hiding in the shadows though. lol

Congrats on some beuty fish and figuring out the bows.

scenery, fish and all other pics aside, my fav is the one of Weston holding that bull on the stick, the smile on his face is enough to bring back some memories of my dad and i that define who i am today, Thanks for gettin another outdoorsman hooked on fishing, it is awesome to see.

Matt.

Ya it was really great, particularly since he was the one that approached me and not the other way around. That was exactly how I started. No one fished in my family. I just saw others doing it when I was four and I just knew it was something I had to be a part of.

Great report Jet!!!

So tell me how do those bull trout taste? My mouth is watering think of eating one of those tender beauties. :D

The reason the flesh is so orange is because they feed on a lot of freshwater shrimp in those lakes. ;)

Keep the reports comming!!! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Dave. Bull Trout taste? Well all last season I didn't keep a single one. I heard conflicting reports of the taste (sounded like a debate about a fishing rod!). So this year I kept a nice 4lb fish and the flesh was as orange as can be (heavy Kokannee diet), no fishy smell whatsoever and it tasted amazing. I've had it battered and deep fried, baked in foil on a BBQ and in fish soup. Some of the best fish I've had. That said fish from from these cold clean waters all are very good.

And ya that bow I kept was filled with shrimp!

what a beautiful place to fish, truly paradise

were you staying in that Log home in the background of the first picture ? that looks sweet ...

Yes, that's my getaway from the hustle and bustle of small town life!

This report sure got my blood going for some hardwater action!

Must have been a nice feeling hooking into so many fish after skunking 5 times last year, hopefully I can experience that on Simcoe soon =D. I felt that I have paid my dues haha.