I'm as ready as I'll ever be :)

Leecher

Speckle trout season up here ends late September and doesn't open until late April... but this year a few local known lakes are open from late December to March 31st B) those are put & take lakes (stock) :D

The past couple of days been prepping the ice gear for an up coming hunt and I just can't wait :) Had to change line in the reels and tie up some leaders with the smallest hooks to accommodate the bait I'll be offering :D

It's been quite some time since I've targeted them on ice and to tell you the truth, I'm pumped to the max :thumbsup_anim:

Yesterday went to CTC to get wiper blades for the car but they didn't have any because it's a 2011 :wallbash: so I proceeded to the fishing aisle since I had a gift card :) Well didn't take long to spot what I thought was a well deserve purchase :whistling::lol:

My new reel... Quantum Optix ICE! Nice little reel :thumbsup_anim: Compliments my extra rod I had :whistling::lol:

DSC07328.jpg

Today went to the dépanneur to get minnows (I know... only in Québec will you ever find minnows :lol: ) can't go fishing with live bait up here so this dozen will end up in a bath of pickling salt and then thrown into the freezer :) but the best part is, I've been purchasing minnows from this place a lot, every ice season and the owner always gives me a little extra B) so this dozen turns out to be almost double :w00t: bonus... for $6.00 can't go wrong B)

DSC07329.jpg

Here's the rest of my arsenal... Rods... notice the last two, those are my favourites, they have aluminum strike indicators on the ends :thumbsup_anim:

DSC07325.jpg

Tackle

DSC07321.jpg

DSC07323.jpg

DSC07322.jpg

Artificial power baits

DSC07327.jpg

The bucket for hauling

DSC07326.jpg

Since Christmas eve, we've had a lot of snow fallen... unexpected all of a sudden :w00t: But hey, when it clears up... I'm gone fishing :D

So what about you... are you ready??

Leechman

DSC07329.jpg

I was thinking pizza. :rofl2:

Im ready before the ice.

Have a great hard water season my friend.

You were thinking anchovies eh <_<:rofl2: No such thing my friend... them beauts are to be slice in halves and put out for trout bait :P

Wish you the best of luck on the hard stuff B B)

Nice gear Jacques... All that's missing are the trout!

I'm more than ready, infact I was on the ice today for a few hours. A few perch was all that I could find. Your tipups are working great by the way, I very much like them!!!!

Thanks Chad!!! I heard in the grape vines that the back lake I'm targeting is safe to walk on :) about time :Gonefishing: Glad you liked them and wish you the best on the hard stuff :thumbsup_anim:

Nice Jacques! Looks as thou your ready to go..Much like me. I had the hut out a month ago and aired it out..All gear is waiting to be used ASAP.. No ice here yet thou.. :rolleyes:

I'm as ready as you are my friend B) Sux about no ice in your area but it won't be long now... Patience for you.... but heard that there was some walkable ice a few hours from home :) Salties are in the freezer and ready to go :) Just need mother nature to cooperate weather wise :)

looks like you are good and ready for some fishing

I wasn't ready I just threw some things together and went

but now I have to get all my stuff together for the next trip

You bet Terry :thumbsup_anim: I just can't wait :D

My daughter suppose to join me but that snow and wind needs to calm down a bit :wallbash: I'm just being a little picky this year, that's all :whistling::lol:

Jacques, I am beyond ready!! Can't wait to get out. Got some new ice jigs for Christmas, plus picked up a mini Pflueger Supreme on Ebay a couple months ago tbat I am dying to try out!

Good luck with the specks, bud!!!

Awesome Frankie :thumbsup_anim: Sounds like you're ready to go B)

Good luck to you when you're able to go :Gonefishing:

good hunting Jacques.....

I also saw those mini Quantums at CT and picked one up.

Seems like a good little reel for the price.

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac273/limeyangler/IMG_5814.jpg

That's awesome Simon :thumbsup_anim: Can't go wrong for the price and goes real well with the rod I put it on B) Can't wait to try it :)

I'm ready Jacques... I just go grab the rod bag and the tackle bag and go. Can't remember when I put new line on last!

(of course now that I've said that I'll lose a 45 lb laker this winter!)

Murphy's law eh Wayne :whistling: I never change mine either :lol: Only reason I change is because I'm targeting speckles and you probably notice that my regular tipups aren't part of my arsenal... that 30# dacron is just too heavy for them little beauties :lol:

Good luck out there Wayne!!!

Yep all is still new from last year I got it all ready then did not get out once I was a little to busy at home so the ice season was missed. My daughter is bugging already to get out even thought I could have had the lawn mower out on Christmas day.

Good luck out there

Mike, I know you're a musky fisherman on soft water but what species of fish do you target on hard water?

Funny you mention the lawn mower cause before Christmas, I was in the same weather you were :lol: Now it's all white and it's frigging cold -16C with windshield -25C :w00t:

good hunting Jacques.....

I also saw those mini Quantums at CT and picked one up.

Seems like a good little reel for the price.

IMG_5814.jpg

lol, we got a few of those combos as well, assuming that rod is the Fenwicks they are selling???

All my tackle is ready for the ice. I seen someone drilling holes out there yesterday, so of course I had to go punch a few holes and check it out. Turns out there is a good 6 inches!!!

lol, we got a few of those combos as well, assuming that rod is the Fenwicks they are selling???

All my tackle is ready for the ice. I seen someone drilling holes out there yesterday, so of course I had to go punch a few holes and check it out. Turns out there is a good 6 inches!!!

It is the very same Fenwick...medium heavy action....awesome all rounder...will handle trout, walleye and sensitive enough for whities...i like 'em!

for the hard water I like to hit the rivers for Walleye Jade likes to hit the river when there is lots of safe ice so she can slide down the hill but the last few years there has not been enough ice for me to bring her and let her run loose.

Some times I will go out with a group of the boys for some perch action but its more about being out with the guys then fishing for me.

I guess Pete and the boys sum it up for me just right I like FISH WITH TEETH

.... All my tackle is ready for the ice. I seen someone drilling holes out there yesterday, so of course I had to go punch a few holes and check it out. Turns out there is a good 6 inches!!!

6 inches... you're good to go then B)

It is the very same Fenwick...medium heavy action....awesome all rounder...will handle trout, walleye and sensitive enough for whities...i like 'em!

Mine's just a Walmart special :blush::lol: but works just fine for me :whistling:

for the hard water I like to hit the rivers for Walleye Jade likes to hit the river when there is lots of safe ice so she can slide down the hill but the last few years there has not been enough ice for me to bring her and let her run loose.

Some times I will go out with a group of the boys for some perch action but its more about being out with the guys then fishing for me.

I guess Pete and the boys sum it up for me just right I like FISH WITH TEETH

Thanks Mike!!! Love this statement "...I like FISH WITH TEETH" B) I like'em too :thumbsup_anim:

20111228_182916.jpg

im ready!!

Nice gear Boss!!!