Question about Ice Auger

LefroyFisherman

I just had too replace the hose from the fuel tank too the carb on my auger, but now I have an air bubble in the line that I can't get out... I tried tipping the tank and have the fuel running through the hose as I connect it up too the carburetor but after trying too start the auger the bubble is back in the line. Could there be an air leak in the carburetor or maybe on the connectors where the hose is connected? Appreciate any insight.

The auger runs when I spray directly into the carb, but it doesn't suck anymore from the line/tank

The carb doesn't suck from the tank, it's gravity fed with a needle valve that controls the initial flow, then regulated by the one or two needle valves or jet depending on the model. The primer bulb causes the diaphram to go up, trip the needle valve to allow gas in, same as when the motor is running.

Have you changed the diaphram?

If it's not getting gas into the carb, (you said you had to spray gas into the carb earlier on to get it to run), then I'm suspecting the needle valve above the diaphram is stuck and/or the diaphram is so old and dry that it won't allow the needle valve to open and let the gas flow.

Yup, you need a carb kit and probably need the carb cleaned, I'd also check the fuel filter to make sure it isn't gummed up. There is probably varnish in the carb and it can be a little tricky to get it out depending on how bad it is.

Not hard to do if you have the tools and know what you are doing, if you want to take a drive over to Lindsay, I'll do it for you for the cost of the parts. I have the carb kit in stock so you can wait while I fix it if you want.

It's been said before and I see no reason not to say it again, "you're a good man Cliff!" thumbsup_anim.gif

Well my friend, I have never asked for help on this board that I wasn't overwhelmed with the responses I got! Only seems fair to try to do what I can to help others as trivial as it might be!