leaf talk for the canes

jedimaster

Im with you on this one..I will say if Reims does loose tonight and start a free fall Willy may not be coaching the leafs very long..The Monster is whining up a storm. He wants to play BAD. This could get interesting..

On another side note Claude Giroux (the new NHL scoring leader) is out with a concussion.. When is this going to end....

I think Reimer just needs a win for his confidence. If he can do that tonight, I think he'll be fine. The talent is there for sure, just gotta believe your going to win.

Monster has done a great job filling in. For some reason though, at least for me, he just doesn't "seem" like a starting goalie in the NHL. He always has me on edge, lol.

As for the concussions, it won't stop until they downscale the equipment. And with Sid sitting out once again, maybe this will happen sooner, rather then later?

As for the game tonight, I'm stoked. It was a long weekend for us Leafs fans

Edited by manitoubass2

maybe they should have stayed and rode the wave with gustaffson?? the dude starts to get HOT and you let your ailing starter come back in??

i have always said the monster NEVER gets a chance to play his best.. sure it may take him a game or two to get back into the swing of things, but for f' sakes when he gets hot and gets you wins ride that wave.. hes a good goaltender when he has confidence!

he finally got his shot this year and you panic and bring up scrivens???? give your head a shake burke!

maybe they should have stayed and rode the wave with gustaffson?? the dude starts to get HOT and you let your ailing starter come back in??

i have always said the monster NEVER gets a chance to play his best.. sure it may take him a game or two to get back into the swing of things, but for f' sakes when he gets hot and gets you wins ride that wave.. hes a good goaltender when he has confidence!

he finally got his shot this year and you panic and bring up scrivens???? give your head a shake burke!

This is actually Wilsons call , not Burkes. This is also what I was referring to with the loosing skid under Reimer..Wilsons call may cost him his job if the leafs continue the slide backwards..Lets hope not..One thing I have noticed with Reimer is, he usually almost all of the time lets 2 soft goals go by before he can play his A game. However with the horrible PK and lack of scoring lately 2 goals against is almost a death sentence for that game.. Lets hope for the best.

On a lighter note Lombardi was at practice today and shooting the puck for the first time since his shoulder injury! Go Leafs Go.

Yah, I was a big gustoff fan when he came here, but I don't think he got a fair shake. He came in with allot of weight on him and the team in front sucked pretty hard. Now that he does seem to be playing well enough to win, Reimer is back in the net. Lets see how long this goes for Reimer. He has to win soon or he will be watching from the bench. I think Wilson is well aware he is on the ropes. What a long weekend with no hockey. Thank god I was out at the hunt camp shooting deer with the front stuffer. :):canadian:

I really thought with monster getting some wins I would have brought Riem to the marlies and let him play his way into game shape with a few weeks of playing and than brought him back . Maybe they were afraid for his Confidence , but playing when he sat for all that time , what has loseing done for his Confidence , week or two down on the marlies would have let him shake off the cobwebs and get his legs back .. just mho , wilson cant coach , how long can you stay with A guy without a system , leafs win when they play lessor teams and just go and out skate them , well coached teams beat them time and time again . At least I am one who can say I have seen the leafs win 3 cups .. not many here now that can say that and the years pass by ...lol

Edited by capt bruce

I really thought with monster getting some wins I would have brought Riem to the marlies and let him play his way into game shape with a few weeks of playing and than brought him back . Maybe they were afraid for his Confidence , but playing when he sat for all that time , what has loseing done for his Confidence , week or two down on the marlies would have let him shake off the cobwebs and get his legs back .. just mho , wilson cant coach , how long can you stay with A guy without a system , leafs win when they play lessor teams and just go and out skate them , well coached teams beat them time and time again . At least I am one who can say I have seen the leafs win 3 cups .. not many here now that can say that and the years pass by ...lol

Lol Bruce...I wouldnt be bragging about that to loud... :clapping: Reims doesnt have a 2 way contract anymore, so the marlies is out for sure.

Waiver Exemptions

There are four ways in which a player can be exempt from waivers; they have been recently exposed to waivers, they are on emergency recall, they are on a conditioning assignment, or they have not met the experience requirement.

And tb4 now im really bragging it WAS 4 not 3 forgot 1962 .. I was at games to see 4 cups lol ...

Edited by capt bruce

Waiver Exemptions

There are four ways in which a player can be exempt from waivers; they have been recently exposed to waivers, they are on emergency recall, they are on a conditioning assignment, or they have not met the experience requirement.

And tb4 now im really bragging it WAS 4 not 3 forgot 1962 .. I was at games to see 4 cups lol ...

:worthy::worthy:

I think I saw them on TV in 67 ... i know my Dad watched them .. I was probably in bed :thumbsup_anim:

So what happens if the leafs bomb this one and reimer gets shelled? Is it panic time? I am really hoping the leafs win convincingly.

I assume the "haters need not reply" refers to me

:dunno:

But, I can't help myself!! :wallbash:

What do you mean "IF" the laffs lose tonight???? :w00t: :w00t:

You guys are so used to losing you can't help but think about losing, even when you're winning.....priceless!!! :rofl2: :rofl2:

Seriously though, did you really think Reimer was going to be the end all of the leafs problems?

The Leafs are 2 injuries away from being in the basement, I'm not hoping that anyone gets hurt but if you take away Kessels and Lupols goals/points, you do not have much.

Reimer didn't play bad in his losses, nor did he lose the games for his team. It was the lack of scoring and defense in front of him that cost the games. He's ur number one, u go with him. Gustavsson is the backup, he's lucky he even got that job this year. He's not a number 1 NHL goalie, yet. He needs to work on his positioning and rebound control. And stop "losing" the net when he plays.

If you take away the top 2 scorers on ANY team you don't have much...Silly Sens fans.

What do I have to cheer about?

Jason "turnover" Spezza !!!!!

The guys a joke, Sens were up 3-0 and Spezza gave it away for 2 SHORTHANDED goals....

And you're statement is incorrect, Pens were without Crosby and Malkin and they were still tops in the league.

I assume the "haters need not reply" refers to me

:dunno:

But, I can't help myself!! :wallbash:

Learn to listen

What do you mean "IF" the laffs lose tonight???? :w00t: :w00t:

You guys are so used to losing you can't help but think about losing, even when you're winning.....priceless!!! :rofl2: :rofl2:

That wasnt even a leafs fan making that post

Seriously though, did you really think Reimer was going to be the end all of the leafs problems? No,who said that?

The Leafs are 2 injuries away from being in the basement, The leafs have had dozens of injuries this season I'm not hoping that anyone gets hurt but if you take away Kessels and Lupols goals/points, you do not have much. Same goes for most teams

What do I have to cheer about?

Jason "turnover" Spezza !!!!!

The guys a joke, Sens were up 3-0 and Spezza gave it away for 2 SHORTHANDED goals....

And you're statement is incorrect, Pens were without Crosby and Malkin and they were still tops in the league.

Dude didnt hear anyone saying Pens are not deep , but 97% of the nhl ARE NOT . Leafs with a good coach are one of the better up and comeing teams in the nhl, sorry but its TRUE , best team we have put onto the ice in many years , You talk of pens , WELL coached teams with a little depth will allways be hard to play against , pens ARE WELL coached , they can over come injurys with playing TO A PLAN not just going out there and trying to just out skate the oponents (with crosby and malkin they can ,without they need to stick to the plan, and they do), better to out think them ... We have a team we have a chance BUT WE NEED A COACH ... wheres PUNCH when you need him ..