Buying fluoroarbon

SirCranksalot

Yozuri Hybrid is a coated line. Comes in tinted colours too. I go to Bronte Outdoor for my flurocarbon. I just take about 30 yards at a time of fluro coated line from the bulk spools. Fluroclear I think it is. Keeps the line fresh for leaders topping out my braid. I use fluro leaders but I can't say that it always works better..

I did my study about 5 years ago. Bought every brand in 125yd spools. I tested them snapping bucktails for walleye, leaders and mainline.

XPS BPS lasted about 2hrs longer than Seaguar. About 10hrs.

They all failed just below the leader knot in 10lb and 20lb. Also studied leader connecting knots and settled on triple surgeon.

Like Ron I am a big fan of Pline Flouro for no other reason then it holds up the best against zebra mussels from what I have found.

However, last year I used the Berkley 100% Flouro and was impressed with it. I use straight flouro.

For steelheading I am happy with DragonFly flouro.

I must confess that I started this thread partly as a joke in reference to the "Fluoro is junk" thread that's gone so many pages. But, having said that, it looks like you folks have provided some good solid advice and I thank you for it. Based on the other 'endless' thread saying that fluoro rots out quickly I hadn't planned on buying any until spring. But now I've read elsewhere that fluoro is good as a main line in winter(more resistant to icing up?). So I'll probably give that a try.

Like others have mentioned above, I've found the following to be the ones that work better, in random order: BassPro XPS, Berkley 100% (Gold Box), P-Line Halo, Seaguar AbrazX. Those are the domestic easier to get brands. If you can get your hands on Sunline Sniper (better) or Sunline Shooter (best), and Toray FC those are also very good but pricier.

Berkley's line diameter tend to be a bit larger for an equivalent pound test line compared to the other brands, with Sunline and Toray being the thinnest diameters per given pound test. Hope this helps you